santapod 89

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

steveo

santapod 89

Post by steveo »

I remember going to this event , time flies :(

:shock: :atthemovies:

side note three minutes 55 seconds into part 5 , there is a challenger convertible with a cage , think this is the one that was painted black a few years before , & only ever saw it one time , in black , we had a bit of a conflab on here , about this challenger sometime ago from memory :?
shovelheadrob

Post by shovelheadrob »

Cool, 2.30 in the 3rd clip is the other Demon I used to race, 11 second daily driver.
Was that really over 25 years ago? Thanks for the links.
You can't have too much power, only a lack of traction!
steveo

Post by steveo »

shovelheadrob wrote:Cool, 2.30 in the 3rd clip is the other Demon I used to race, 11 second daily driver.
Was that really over 25 years ago? Thanks for the links.
:thumbright: I remember seeing your demon , every time I went to santapod 88 , liked the look of it with gold paint & a black vinyl top , then one sunday I turned up , the passenger door , quarter sill had been wiped out . :banghead:

:salute:
Attachments
rsz_screenshot_12tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttsrtss22.jpg
rsz_screenshot_12tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttsrtss22.jpg (124.81 KiB) Viewed 6214 times
shovelheadrob

Post by shovelheadrob »

The gold car was a different car, I already had the blue car but as it was an original 340 car I didn't really want to mess it about to put a RB motor in, but then the accident happened & the gold car went to be repaired & ended up getting back halved. In the meantime I put the running gear into the blue car.
steveo

Post by steveo »

oh right , thanks for the info !! I had always thought that was the gold one , rebuilt
shovelheadrob

Post by shovelheadrob »

The gold one I ended up selling unfinished to Terry who put it on the road, then bought it back again a few years ago.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Thanks for the links Steveo!

Yes I remember it well too. We used to go to half a dozen or so meeting a year back then and this was always a fave and I remember '89 being a high point for the Doorslammers.

Also remember your Demon, Rob. You get a namecheck in part 11, towards the end 8-)

And while we're in a nostalgic mood.... check this one at the beginning. Black Mass Marina (Mopar powered of course :) ) ends up in the wrong lane during his burn out. Typical :lol:

RW71

Post by RW71 »

Here is some in car footage of that Marina from '86 (looks to be running against Bob Browns Daytona!). The 383 sounds fantastic. :thumbright:

Oh, and thanks for the links Steveo, enjoyed them, sorry for the hijack! :oops:
:thumbright:
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

Some fantastic footage there, gents.
Does "black mass" still exist? Not sure if I should admit this publically but I've got a bit of a soft spot for Marina coupes... :lol: :roll:
-Jon.
steveo

Post by steveo »

RobTwin wrote:Thanks for the links Steveo!

Yes I remember it well too. We used to go to half a dozen or so meeting a year back then and this was always a fave and I remember '89 being a high point for the Doorslammers.

Also remember your Demon, Rob. You get a namecheck in part 11, towards the end 8-)

And while we're in a nostalgic mood.... check this one at the beginning. Black Mass Marina (Mopar powered of course :) ) ends up in the wrong lane during his burn out. Typical :lol:

went to all those events too in 88 , & a series called wynns custom car pro street challenge , I think , or something like that ,

yea that was a quick car black mass , entertaining launches & burn outs ! I thought it had a 440 in it too at some point , although my memory is not what it was :oops: :?
Last edited by steveo on Tue Dec 29, 15 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steveo

Post by steveo »

RW71 wrote:Here is some in car footage of that Marina from '86 (looks to be running against Bob Browns Daytona!). The 383 sounds fantastic. :thumbright:

Oh, and thanks for the links Steveo, enjoyed them, sorry for the hijack! :oops:
:thumbright:
:thumbright: no worries matey , with the Hijack , :thumbright: its all good stuff , feel free to post anything you think that we would like to see !! :thumbright: :occasion5: :atthemovies: :salute:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

steveo wrote:
RobTwin wrote:Thanks for the links Steveo!

went to all those events too in 88 , & a series called wynns custom car pro street challenge , I think , or something like that ,

yea that was a quick car black mass , entertaining launches & burn outs ! I thought it had a 440 in it too at some point , although my memory is not what it was :oops: :?
I would imagine it was a 440 cos I think they took the running gear (but with a shorter prop!) out of the big C-body they used to race before the Marina.... :-k