Shifter suggestions

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

ChrisN34

Shifter suggestions

Post by ChrisN34 »

Hi All, just looking for some input/knowledge on aftermarket floor shifters. Am looking to convert the Duster from a column to floor shift at some point in the near future and wanted to know what shifters you guys would recommend. My ideal choice is a vintage B&M Quick click, or Hurst Autostick, though they do not come up that often. I have heard most of the modern Hurst/B&M Shifters are cheap garbage now, and i want something that doesnt look like a great big race shifter (looking at you Turbo Action Cheetah/Hurst Quater Stick/Pro Ratchet).

Cheers guys
mopar_mark

Re: Shifter suggestions

Post by mopar_mark »

I run a Quarter stick for a couple of years without any issues.

Likes: reverse lock out is easy to use, positive shifts, simple install & came with new shifter cable.
Dislikes: Aluminium outer case cheaply made,

I never have a run a turbo action shifter, but was a shifter I considered using

I managed to pick up a M&M shifter 18 months ago, expensive, cost alleviated by the fact I hand carried home.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

I have used loads of turbo action shifters,one I had for 22years,and still going now with another owner.
I would go full manual reverse pattern valve body,and turbo action to suit,you wont regret it :thumbright:
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

I've just purchased a full manual reverse valve body and the B&M Pro ratchet.
Sat in a few cars to see what i wanted from the shifter.

Its all personal choice at the end of the day.

Id try to get it down to a couple you like and hunt one out at and event. From here you should be able to see which one you prefer the feel of! :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"