MMA Race and Show Numbers - Car Details

Guidelines for messageboard use, discount codes etc.

Moderator: Moderators

TyreFryer

MMA Race and Show Numbers - Car Details

Post by TyreFryer »

Thanks to Guy for setting up the MMA car number identification system and running it over the past 8 years. However Guy has now moved on to pastures new and has handed the number allocation and record keeping over to Demon James.

If you would like to register a number for your car please contact James with the details as below.

1. Please email James with the car details as listed below at james@safesecuresystems.com

2. The following are the details required:

Make.
Model.
Year.
Colour.
Engine size.
Name of owner.
Interesting bit of history or recent mods/ets on race cars.
1/4 Mile personal best in the format (if available): MMA-001 9.95@145
Preferred Number if possible.

3. James will email you back with your allocated number.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR CAR DETAILS ON THIS THREAD BUT EMAIL THEM TO JAMES.

Thanks, Martin.
Martin Walker
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

:) Hello everybody.

Thank You to Martin and Guy for a seamless transition, whilst it may not be rocket science, we must bare in mind that I'm not a rocket scientist so ANYTHING could have happened ;)

Since becoming the proud owner of a second MOPAR (to save destruction of the first) I have been lucky enough to make five, almost back to back, trips to Santa Pod since the end of September and what fantastic fun they've been.

The subject of allocated numbers came up as I wanted to know if the number on the newly acquired Dart would need amending. This led onto maybe needing someone to keep the register going and I thought it's the least I could do as a proud member of the MMA :thumbright:

In answer to my own question, the Race/Show car number will be allocated to the vehicle itself with details of current ownership. If anyone knows of any amendment/updates etc, please feel free to email and I will make any changes.

So if anyone has a vehicle that they fancy having a number registered to, just let me know. If you've taken a trip up the black top during the Nats and had some random number chalked onto your rear ;) then how about having one you can sign on with and use every time. It doesn't have to be permanently on display (I have vinyl letters and numbers in MOPAR font on my rear screens) Or you can just ask the staff in the pairing lane to chalk your own number when you sign on :thumbright:

I'm sure many of you know the score more than me, but for any new members etc, that's basically all there is to it. Email me the details as above in Martins post, I'll register them :read2: job done :D

Now I had better get working on a thread for my latest project in it's current guise.

Cheers, James :thumbright:
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

Just a quick bump to let any new members know about the Show Car/Race Car number scheme :thumbright:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Is anyone supplying the vinyl numbers these days? I've long since forgotten where we were getting them from....
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Jeff was doing them originally
'68 Dodge Charger
‘75 Ford Ranchero
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

YouTube - Double Zero Garage
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

Blue wrote:Is anyone supplying the vinyl numbers these days? I've long since forgotten where we were getting them from....
I had mine made by the company that sign writes my vans for work.

I gave them "Hemi Head" type font :thumbright:
Attachments
MOPAR LETTERING 003 (Medium).jpg
MOPAR LETTERING 003 (Medium).jpg (214.21 KiB) Viewed 3251 times
MOPAR LETTERING 002 (Medium).jpg
MOPAR LETTERING 002 (Medium).jpg (178.82 KiB) Viewed 3251 times
Demon James

Re: MMA Race and Show Numbers - Car Details

Post by Demon James »

NEARLY NATS TIME :D :D :D :D :D

A reminder to any potential racers/ RWYB / show cars / new members, that you can have an MMA number allocated to your car (possibly in time for this years MOPAR EURO NATIONALS 2018)

Just provide details as explained above and I'll let you know when it's done :thumbright: Remember to email me rather than put your detils on this thread as I may miss it.

You can then use your number when signing on, you don't have to have stickers on your car, just write it on the sign on sheet and tell the pairing lane marshal to chalk it on your rear screen instead of the standard consecutive number they would have used. Then you are good to go, looking mighty professional.......................and it may even shave a tenth or two off your time ;) :lol:

For reference, I get my vinyl numbers from Galasso Signs in Hitchin, Hertfordshire 01462 459340 (ask for Steve and say James with the yellow drag car :lol: it may or may not help :lol: ) as they now have the HEMI HEAD type font.

Cheers, James :thumbright:
MattH

Post by MattH »

The other Mopar relevant font is King Richard.

I can't remember which is for which brand though ??
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

I think King Richard is used by Plymouth, Matt. That might be the font for the large "Plymouth" on the side of super birds :-k :)
Attachments
MOPAR Fonts.pdf
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 115 times
MOPAR Fonts.jpg
MOPAR Fonts.jpg (23 KiB) Viewed 3175 times
MattH

Post by MattH »

Demon James wrote: Fri Jul 20, 18 12:54 pm I think King Richard is used by Plymouth, Matt. That might be the font for the large "Plymouth" on the side of super birds :-k :)
That's it spot on.
Quite helpful to know its a real font when getting stickers done.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Something I don't think has been mentioned recently, the system was originally created so that the info you submit would be passed on to the commentators in the tower at the Pod so they could read it out when you get to the start line.

I presume Guy used to pass this onto whoever at the Pod at the start of the weekend... :-k
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Sorting out some old paperwork and rediscovered these old vinyls that were originally intended for the Barracuda, way back when this was first set up! :shock:

Is anyone looking after this list now that we are back to some sort of normality? Considering transferring the number to the other car and sticking them on. :-k
Attachments
FCEAC470-E5D8-4F95-8327-8EC8984D54D6.jpeg
FCEAC470-E5D8-4F95-8327-8EC8984D54D6.jpeg (95.72 KiB) Viewed 1501 times
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Stu

Post by Stu »

Although I’ll probably stick them on the right way up. :roll:

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Stu

Post by Stu »

:tumbleweed:

I’m guessing that’s a no, then. :D

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Pete

Post by Pete »

I don't think James comes on the site any more, neither does he appear to use Facebook.

He sometimes goes to the Pub at Stevenage; Blue or I can have a word and see about transferring the Duties to someone else.

Cheers.

Pete
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God