68 valiant signet 2 door

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Don
Location: DONNY SCOTT IN LANCING, ON THE SUNNY WEST SUSSEX COAST

Re: 68 valiant signet 2 door

Post by Don »

Blue wrote: Fri Feb 16, 18 11:32 am Interesting, I have what I believe is the only other 2 door '68 Valiant in the country, mine is an original 4 speed car.
I thought it was a Dart ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
......9 SECOND SUPERBIRD .......
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i collected the doors and wings from blue today and they were every bit as good as he said. nice to meet you blue, neil. :D
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

so sort of off track a bit but as i said i'm leaving the slant six in the valiant for this summer as i need a car to use for a change.
so..... i may use one of the to4e turbos and cobble together a draw thru turbo setup for the slant six to 'pep' it up a bit :D
i've got a 465 holley which'll be in the ballpark size wise for a 3.7 engine so it's doable. i'll let you know how it goes :thumbright:
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Go for it !!!!
Keep us posted :salute:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i've done 2 things to the valiant this weekend :shock: i fitted the new drivers door lock so after sitting on my drive since i bought it i can finally lock it up. secondly i put about 6 gallons of petrol in it as my son in laws focus died with a nearly full tank.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

yesterday i agreed to buy a 950 double pumper from a mate, he's using it until the summer's over (not long in the uk) then fitting a pair of new edelbrock e-force 'blower' carbs to his 6/71 blown 400 sbc.
now i know a 750 d/p would be preferable for my 383 sbc but beggars can't be choosers and it's definately the right price. it'll need converting for blow thru but that seems simple enough, so after a rolling road session to get it jetted right it'll do for me. neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

carb update, while looking for something in my shed i found an 850 double pumper i forgot i had. it's already had the choke horn machined off so one less job to do. i'll carry out the rest of the 'blow thru' mods in between jobs this summer. i'll probably still buy the 950 as it's cheap, then i can forget i have that one too, lol. also it looks like most of the interior will be replaced. i've found a set of black leather ford scorpio seats very cheap. i've used them before a few times and they are supremely comfortable.
neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i bought a th400 trans today to go behind the turbo motor. another step closer.
oh and i picked up the steel rings i had made to centralise the pcd adapters so i can temporarily fit some nicer wheels while it's still stock.
neil.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Turbo set up on the six will be good to see working. Possibly a cheap way of quick numbers?

I look forward to hearing the results. :thumbright:
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i had a little time today so i offered up one of the pcd adapters on the back with one of the 7 1/2 x 15 weld rodlites to check clearance. it looks like i won't get much more than a 225 or 235 tyre under the arch. unless i get my arch rolling tool out and 'make' more room that is. i'll get a secondhand tyre fitted so i can have a better look.
oh, and 2 of the cackhanded nuts stripped their threads when putting the wheel back on so i banged a stud out to match them up with r/h thread studs at work on monday.
neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i took an adapter, a wheel and a cak handed stud to work today. got 10 r/h thread studs and nuts, we didn't have the right size sleeve/lug nut for the wheels so they'll be ordered and i got a bald 205/60/15 tyre fitted (for free) so i can verify arch clearance before buying a new pair of whatever size. on the down side i cut a big flap of skin off the end of my left index finger at work with a stanley knife first thing this morning. the local a&e have stuck it down with 2 packs of steri strips but it's going to be a right pain for probably 2 weeks ish which is annoying and it throbs like a mutha
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Great thread mate
Keep at it ( when your finger mends !!)
:thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

Mossy68 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 18 10:26 pm Great thread mate
Keep at it ( when your finger mends !!)
:thumbright:
cheers mossy,
my first thought wasn't 'that hurt', it was 'that'll be a pain in the arse for weeks'. #-o
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Getting stuck in properly then if your losing skin. :help:

Would love to see some pics of the work (not the missing body parts) so......
:GimmePics!:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

hi dave, yes pics are coming when there's summat to show. meanwhile more parts buying, i don't want to skimp on either the fuel or ignition systems so today i bought an earomotive A1000 carburetted bypass fuel pressure regulator, part number 13204. i got it now as at £100 new and still in it's packaging it is a bargain. i will of course be using an a1000 pump to match, we'll see if i can snag a bargain on one of those too. the parts pile is getting larger and just like the regulator does with boost my smile gets bigger on a 1:1 ratio with each increase. i actually got the valiant in my garage today between jobs so i can swap the studs and get the wheels mounted so there'll definately be some pics then. ;)
neil.