American cars sought for Kent Charity Show

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

American cars sought for Kent Charity Show

Post by Anonymous »

I have been in touch with Clive Kirkham from the Lefthookers American Car Club today because he’s looking for cars in the Kent area to help come along and support his Charity Car Show on Sunday 13th April.

“My club has around eighty members”, says Clive. “We do charity work and we have started to raise money for a kids’ hospice near Canterbury. The hospice charity is called ‘Miles of Smiles’ catering from ages three to eighteen and the home has constant money worries. We are having a car and bike show on 13th April with live bands, side shows etc aimed at the families and of course petrol heads. I’m looking to get the local TV involved in filming the event. We want to fill the show with as many interesting aspects as possible and we would like to invite anyone who would like to display their car.

“I know it is a lot to ask and we cannot pay anyone (apart from one or three beers!) as so far everything has been pledged to allow us to give all proceeds to the Hospice. Our target is to raise £5000, which is a tall order, but the Club is going to try. What we do gives American car owners a good name in Kent and to see the kids’ faces is priceless’.

Already signed up from the world of UK National Championship drag racing is Team Heaven & Hell with their championship winning Pro ET RS Camaro. They will be performing engine starts and Shakespeare County Raceway have offered tickets to the Yanks Weekend as a raffle prize as well as a boot load of flyers.

If anyone would like to take their car along to support this very worthwhile cause then please contact Clive Kirkham on 07977 820923 or e-mail clive.kirkham@ntlworld.com.