70 Challenger RT ANM 337H

Post old photos of road cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

70 Challenger RT ANM 337H

Post by Anonymous »

I was going to buy this before I got the Charger :roll: But lost the guy's number :oops: It wasn't a R/T But did look the part (as long as you didn't look in the trunk) It was cheep too :thumbright: any idea where it went Swindon i was told :roll:
MattH

Post by MattH »

This was owned and built by John Marsh, first Challenger i ever went in, it was auto, then 4 speed then auto again. Its my bonnet on there :x
Car was IIL4406 but this number went in about 99 to become ANM.
Was owned last by a member in Sussex area I think or Surrey (same thing isn't it :lol: ) and needed some work. Hope its still around
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Was that the 340 powered one?

1970 Challengers with the 340 package usually got the R/T badges as well because everything else about the spec was R/T really.
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Dave wrote:Was that the 340 powered one?

1970 Challengers with the 340 package usually got the R/T badges as well because everything else about the spec was R/T really.
no x john marsh dustbin, looked well bet a cockup car chassis made from racking 6cyl original
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Oh yes. I recognise the wheels now. I remember John Marsh driving it. He fitted a 440 six pack at that time.

I think that engine went into a silver /6 Challenger a guy in East Yorkshire bought from John. That one was a right shed thrown together. 'Glass front fenders and lots of bodge. First time the guy filled it with petrol, about 2/3rds of it went straight onto the forecourt deck. He was wondering why it was taking so long to fill before he saw the river of fuel running past. :lol:
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Speaking of John. Didn't he build the Challenger driven by Kate Moss in the video for "Kowalski" by Primal Scream that Wayne (RedRaven) now owns?

Another rotbox.
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Dave wrote:Oh yes. I recognise the wheels now. I remember John Marsh driving it. He fitted a 440 six pack at that time.

I think that engine went into a silver /6 Challenger a guy in East Yorkshire bought from John. That one was a right shed thrown together. 'Glass front fenders and lots of bodge. First time the guy filled it with petrol, about 2/3rds of it went straight onto the forecourt deck. He was wondering why it was taking so long to fill before he saw the river of fuel running past. :lol:
yep remember that dave, mr marsh ran an add in exchange and mart for it roughly £4,995 a lot off dollar back then,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

I HAVE A NVQW

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Here's the motor that was in it when i went to see it :? ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

MattH wrote:This was owned and built by John Marsh, first Challenger i ever went in, it was auto, then 4 speed then auto again. Its my bonnet on there :x Car was IIL4406 but this number went in about 99 to become ANM.
Was owned last by a member in Sussex area I think or Surrey (same thing isn't it :lol: ) and needed some work. Hope its still around
Never mind MATT The hood was rotten anyway Fella ;) I forgot that you had one :oops: how are you getting on with it or not :?
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Dave wrote:Speaking of John. Didn't he build the Challenger driven by Kate Moss in the video for "Kowalski" by Primal Scream that Wayne (RedRaven) now owns?

Another rotbox.
no dave, thats not one off his, it belonged for a while to a guy called carl from street machine mag it was a rough old bugger but not a bad looker for that yr car,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

I HAVE A NVQW

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
MattH

Post by MattH »

I remember John building the silver one, it went to somone involved with the record industry I think and was photographed on album artwork maybe?
Never seen it in the club, and I do remember it had plastic wings and no side markers. was a 71 I think, don't know the number.

The red one that Kate Moss drove belonged to Boris Vellin before Carl. Boris stuck the big block in it and put a plastic R/T hood on IIRC. Talking 14 years ago so brain is rusty now.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Paul W , yes it still here in bits, got some better front wings for it now, but not done much in this century :(

Its got a 70 grille now, and the 73 grille trim has won prizes since it moved to another car. :lol:
MattH

Post by MattH »

Thinking about it, the silver one may have been a 340 and John just put the 6 pak on it from ANM, and sold the white one as a 440 with a 4bbl.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I used to "look after" the silver one. John sold it with the 440 six pack to the guy in Yorkshire. Actually it was Driffield he lived. Yes I remember now. Also remembered it was indeed a '71.

I think the owner was a club member for about a year. He used to be onto me for help all the time. I gave it a half hearted tune at the driffield show one year but it really needed a full weekends work on it which I was not prepared to do.

The owner eventually tired of the car and its problems and more or less gave up. He took up mountain bike racing in a big way.
I don't think he ever sold the car though. I think he just stored it away somewhere.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

we did get one very similar to that come down to the sun inn but i cannot for the life of me rememeber the last time i saw it definitl;y wasent last year and im fairly sure not the year before either