Carpet installation 69 charger

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Carpet installation 69 charger

Post by Anonymous »

How does the carpet go in charger?

I have figured out the front overlaps the back, by perhaps 2 or 3 inches, but how do the sides go? do they tuck behind the cable conduit metal plate things?

I must have bought a rather cheapo carpet becuase it has no holes for footswitch, gearlever, seatbelts, or in fact, anything! grrr

2nd question is, what happens with the centre console? Does the floor carpet attach where there should be a chrome bit on the console? or are there separate bits of carpet that just dangle from the chrome bit? or are they glued to the sides? help!

I dont have any chrome bits on my console by the way, are they impossible to get do u think?
Alex

Post by Alex »

The conduits are not for the wiring, it is just a hmndy place for them to run! to fit the carpet right, yes you do roll it around them, that way the carpet does not stress the kick plates, as fr the console, the carpet goeas all the way acrsoss the car, then there should be two pieces that glue to the sides of the console.

No carpet comes with any holes ! wait until you try and fit the belt bolts through with the jute backing, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hmm, i literally CAN wait :)

Does the gas pedal bolt through the carpet? or does the carpet just slide down over it once you;'ve cut a hole?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Bolts through the carpet mate...
Matt

Post by Matt »

Careful measuring needed for the gas pedal ! Yep those seat belts are really interesting to get in .
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Matt, if gas pedal bolts through carpet, can i not install carpet then dig a hole from under the car though the bolt holes?

Hmm whats the best way to cut the hole for, say the headlamp switch? Had thought about a hole saw, but can envisage a wallace & gromit moment of the drill binding up !

hmm whatabout a soldering iron?

is it worth taking the carpet back out and getting an upholsterer to sew an edge to the hole? (or am i being ridiculously fussy!)

perhaps i should just put a rubber mat over the carpet, with a hole in it too!
Alex

Post by Alex »

YOu should have a plastic gromit that goes around the switch, you can cut the carpet with a stanley blade, cut an X then trim it up, then fit the gromit thingy and you are done, I did the poke through from underneath trick on every carpet I have fitted with great results.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ah, that''ll be another bit i'm missing then!
Alex

Post by Alex »

I don;t think I jhave one coz they come with the carpet kit, check the box again, itis easy to miss..I will look tomorrow just in case I have one.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

prolly depends where u buy the carpet from , mine came here in a freinds suitcase from USA. if there were any accessories, they woulda got lost long ago.

bought carpet from http://carpet4cars.com

be handy to see a pic of a grommet at least so i can find something that looks about right. why they cant make the holes.. its not like lights and a gas pedal were optional extras! Gearlever hole, i could understand!