Dave's 72 Dart

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Lukemorris1 wrote:Scoop looks awesome!! Is there anyone who is able to do fiberglass parts?
Dale at DRE I believe is the man. Not the easiest to get hold of apparently but most people are very positive about his work.........someone else will have his number.........or shove up a wanted request? :thumbright:

Thanks Chaps..........it's getting there! :D
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Looks real cool Dave :thumbright:
luke

Post by luke »

Aaah yes i heard of this guy!! Looking at getting the bumpers and the hood done, cheers dave and nice car, keep the posts coming!!
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Nicest day of the year so far, so managed to get a day in the garage.

Replaced the weeping PS hose and topped up the system.........car now has no original fluid hoses or lines anywhere. All new and should be good for a long time.

Had brackets made up for the rear hood mounts and spent most of the day measuring and drilling.

Drilling the hood after taking so long to fill the old holes, prime and paint made for some nervous moments......All good in the end though.

Topped it off with a 10 mile shakedown. Hood stayed on and it felt great to get back on the road. Forgot how much attention these old yanks get.
PS leak sorted, trans leak sorted, just the distributor O ring AGAIN letting the side down........only minor in the scheme of things though so I can live with that.:thumbright:

And finally a photo of the two together......

As of now the Dart is ready for this year's events. Duster needs sorting next...... :shock: :D
72 Dodge Dart

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

Looking great, Dave! :thumbright:
-Jon.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I could've left the Ontario plates on it...... Seems funny seeing it in front of someone else's house.
I am keeping this Mopar....... SOLD!
Don
Location: DONNY SCOTT IN LANCING, ON THE SUNNY WEST SUSSEX COAST

Post by Don »

Looking good Dave, not got the reg back yet? Did you ever find them missing lug nuts Jeff?
......9 SECOND SUPERBIRD .......
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Perfect Dave, drive full of Mopars.
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Thanks Chaps.

Jeff, I thought in Canada the plates were linked to the owner not the car?
I would have loved to have had the plates, as I've got the original blue plate Cali ones for the Dart. If you still have them to hand and would be interested in selling please drop me a PM?

Don,
Nearly sorted, I'll update the Duster thread when it's fully UK legal. :thumbright:

Every home should have a drive like this Chris........ 8-) :thumbright:
72 Dodge Dart

Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Well done mate.
Looking forward to catching up at some point this year :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Pm me your address. I will send you the plates. Still not found the lug nuts Don. They are in the garage somewhere... I. Just find them. I want to sell the rims and tires.
I am keeping this Mopar....... SOLD!
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Cheers Gary.......will catch up for a beer and a laugh as per usual. :thumbright:

Much appreciated Jeff.........Will send a PM. :thumbright:
72 Dodge Dart

BJ Mac

Post by BJ Mac »

Looking good :thumbright:
71 Dodge Dart
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Had the day off today and managed to get half of it spent on the Dart.

I've had an ongoing issue with indicating right being intermittent, and unregulated in its timing. I knew that the contacts were badly worn on the unit, so picked up a replacement with loom from year one a few months back. Time to drop the column and pull the wheel again:

Old and New:

Found the problem:

I bought a replacement wheel nearly 2 years ago via eBay, so no better time to put it on:

Now have working indicators :thumbright:
72 Dodge Dart

Pete

Post by Pete »

Good progress, Dave.

That's a job I need to do on the Coronet, though I think a '69 is easier as there are no flasher circuits involved.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God