68 Charger

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

Post by Pete »

Worth checking.

Sox and Martin were cool, providing you were not trying to pass it off as the real deal; I heard otherwise of DLI. His son is on Facebook.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Well in that case it'll be 'Dandys Lodge' then :lol:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Some of the families are very protective of thier history. Herb Mc Candless son is also in the "Make you own history don't trade on ours" camp. He is also on facebook and very arrogant with it, we have had words....
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

I can't see why they would even be bothered to honest , I would of thought in reality with people building replicas of famous cars it only raises the profile of the real cars and keeps things fresh in people's minds , I guess it's a case of trading off past glories. It's a good job the yenko family aren't bothered about yenko camaro clones - I reckon they would spend every day for the rest of their lives in a courtroom trying to shut down all clones in the world of those and it doesn't seem to affect the values of those as they built around 200 of those in 69 and each one is worth at least $150-$300k now depending on provenance and restoration quality.

Anyway blue - have you got any vintage speed gold for me at the swapmeet ?
Blue

Post by Blue »

Sorry Chris I have virtually nothing to sell this year! The thing with old race cars is we're talking one of one, and they can be difficult totally authenticate without doubt, so when 3 people are all claiming they own it the big money buyers tend to walk away. When big money is involved, you can see why they get arsey even if your intents are totally innocent.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Yes I see what you mean , if I paint the car ( it's a big if) I would paint it the factory green colour anyway - it's a dark Forrest type green colour so I reckon I'd call it ' the big logger ' in gold leaf on 1/4 panels anyway 😂
Pete

Post by Pete »

"Big Logger" sounds like your first dump of the day.....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

I was wondering how long it would take for a comment along those lines ... :lol: