Mopar Nats questions..

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

octanejunkie

Mopar Nats questions..

Post by octanejunkie »

Looking at the Santa Pod website for this year it gives the gate price for the weekend at £48, and the advance price up until a week before is £38.
The discount form that's been sent out would suggest that we pay on the gate on the day...
Is this right? What sort of discount is it this year? I was hoping to get my tickets in advance to minimize July's financial impact (Have my wife's, and father's birthdays to sort out either side of the Nats).
Apologies if these questions have been answered already. I did have quick look first, but didn't find anything..

Finally, who's going from the South West/Bristol/Dorset/Devon area's?
I was going to leave on the Friday morning. Be cool to go in a bit of a convoy 8-)
"If its a job no man can survive, he's the man for the job"
Steve

Post by Steve »

We usually get the discount on arrival on presentation of the form at the gates...

I have a couple of calls to make tomorrow so will ring Santa Pod and see if I can clarify this for us all....

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
octanejunkie

Post by octanejunkie »

Nice one :thumbright:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Just spoken to a very helpful lady at Santa Pod.... not that it was much good for us! Basically, the answer is that there is no additional club discount offered on advance tickets. The form we have only allows members the discount on the gate when the form is presented at the time of entry. My powers of persuasion were completely unable to sway this, I must pay more attention when I attend the 'Pete Wiseman School of Charm'.... :lol: :lol:

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
octanejunkie

Post by octanejunkie »

What is that discount? Is it more than the tenner saving by doing the advance booking?
I'd have though if anyone was going to get a decent discount at the Mopar Nationals, it would be the Mopar Muscle Association....
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

octanejunkie wrote:What is that discount? Is it more than the tenner saving by doing the advance booking?
I'd have though if anyone was going to get a decent discount at the Mopar Nationals, it would be the Mopar Muscle Association....
You'd think...

From what I understand, in order of best discount, you can:

1. Get the Pod's earlybird tickets, which are sold until the end of January. Ok if you're sure you can go. Not sure of the exact amount off the top of my head but you save about a 1/3 off the full ticket price. That's what I've done for the last few years.

2. Santa Pod's advance tickets give the next best saving, as you say, £10 on a weekend ticket.

3. If you cant get an advance ticket for whatever reason, you can get £5 off with the MMA discount form. Ok if it's a last minute decision, or if you're just too disorganised to book them earlier :D
Steve

Post by Steve »

That's my understanding.... what they wont do is give you two bites at the cherry, ie a discount on early bird tickets and a further club discount on top of that :thumbright:
octanejunkie

Post by octanejunkie »

Hmmmm...
I'd have thought they'd have asked for a code or membership number, and then could have discounted members whenever they booked.
Bit tight on the part of the Pod..
I'll be booking mine online then i guess. :roll: