rechroming

Moderator: Moderators

Corky

rechroming

Post by Corky »

Hi ... could anyone give me a idea of price to rechrome front and rear bumpers on my 73 duster and recommend anybody ..
Blue

Post by Blue »

I can't recommend anyone but from what I've heard budget for £500 each.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

In all honesty you would probably find it cheaper to import new ones in from the states and put them on a boat.

Not only is re chroming now phenomenally expensive ive read many horror story's on the final product. Can't recommend anyone as I've not done it but I'd look at all options before dropping them of anywhere.

:thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

agree with above, a 70 Dart bumper front or rear is about 250 quid from the states, that's just to buy. ship it ron Fenton at STS imports in florida and he will bring it in very reasonably.

only buy a decent brand, those ones are AMD ones so are likely to be good product
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
smarty white

Post by smarty white »

Same message here,forget rechroming in the UK,I have spent around 4K on chroming of motorcycle parts and they ruin pretty much everything with overpolishing.
The best one I spoke to 6 weeks ago quoted me 700 quid per bumper with a six month wait.
Go to ebay US and buy AMD,speak to Ron at sts imports first for a quote,he has a container leaving every month.
Its cheaper,easier and an awful lot quicker than replating.
Corky

Post by Corky »

thanks lads
Prothed

Post by Prothed »

I recently had some bike parts chromed by ChromeFix in Birmingham.
They are a small firm and pretty accommodating - one of the few to rechrome oily 2-stroke silencers.
The turn round was weeks rather than months so you might want to check with them.
But, as said above, chromers love to polish things to death...
rockinpete

Re: rechroming

Post by rockinpete »

IanC wrote:Hi ... could anyone give me a idea of price to rechrome front and rear bumpers on my 73 duster and recommend anybody ..
I took my rear bumper for a quote a couple of months ago.........£800 - £900 was quoted with no guarantee of a good finish and no comeback if it was crap. Needless to say it came back home again. New AMD bumper on the way from summit this week 300 odd dollars !! No brainer for me :)
smarty white

new AMD

Post by smarty white »

I just ordered [literally 20 minutes ago] a brand new AMD rear bumper for a 68-70 charger from Drew at terrynewman hotrods.I called him for a better deal and I paid $320 [about] £255, shipped to Ron at sts imports,he has a container leaving in 10 days.
You could have a new one for yours in 5-6 weeks,less time and way better than re plating your old Bananarama!.
rockinpete

Post by rockinpete »

There you go, Six days after order it's on the car at a third of the price of rechroming :thumbright:
Attachments
20170812_092111 (500x300).jpg
20170812_092111 (500x300).jpg (103.18 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
smarty white

AMD

Post by smarty white »

Hey rockinpete,that looks just great.
Can't wait to fit mine now!
rockinpete

Re: AMD

Post by rockinpete »

smarty white wrote:Hey rockinpete,that looks just great.
Can't wait to fit mine now!
Thanks, good fit and not bad chrome as well, so well worth the money, AMD seem to do good stuff :thumbright:
smarty white

chrome bumper

Post by smarty white »

get a real discount by calling and ask for Drew,found a link on youtube to his shop and it's nice to see how a shop operates before spending money.
rockinpete

Re: chrome bumper

Post by rockinpete »

smarty white wrote:get a real discount by calling and ask for Drew,found a link on youtube to his shop and it's nice to see how a shop operates before spending money.
Cool, they say it's always good to talk :thumbright: