James' 71 Satellite Sebring Plus

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

James' 71 Satellite Sebring Plus

Post by Anonymous »

Will pad the info out abit more when I have the time.
Initially I thought this was a bog standard Satellite that had been Roadrunnerized, but when I read the fender tag and seen it was built with the 383 I researched further.
It a 1971 Sebring Plus, so was built with the 383, bucket seats, round dial dash and a centre consol.
It really looks like a 70s weekend drag car with the slot mags, small steering wheel and older style extra guages. Goes pretty good aswel, with timing slips into 13.9 for the quarter. Pretty sure it has 4.10 gears (just over 4000 rpm at 70).
While it was on Ebay a previous owner contacted me with further details (another ebay spin-off bonus!). It was originally gold, it arrived in this country in 1994 in an orange colour and with a 440 which was blown up on the M25!
Its now painted in a Vauxhall mettalic purple, which suits it quite well I think.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

gorgeouse looking car james really hope you dont have to sell wanna see it at the nats or maybe even the south wales meet ;) ;)
Kev

Post by Kev »

Who's the Photog? Excellent car, excellent pics. 8-) 8-)
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Do you know when it was painted James ? Me and Stu saw a car matching its description in Brackley town centre a couple of years ago.
Cars like this stand out in Brackley as its a small market town where not much happens.
(Except for the comings and goings at BAR Honda).
The car we saw was orange and was, as you put it, Roadrunnerized.
Only ever saw it once, hoped it was another local Mopar, no such luck :?
All we are is rust in the wind
Kev

Post by Kev »

Not Peachy? Run by some Mad Mum, a sort of peach colour? Same shape, ex-Peach Bros car. Sweet 8-) 8-)
<center>
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Unlikely to be Mike Peach's old car, as it was around racing at the Pod at least 10 years before James' Satellite was imported. That 'roadrunner' (presume it was genuine) had reg no MUC 42L

Sure I got a better pic somewhere but this is the 1st I could find at this late hour.

Pretty sure it's still in it's (ironically) peachy colour nowadays, driven by the aforementioned 'mad mum' :lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What happened to the Ebay sale? It had bids didn't it?
Kev

Post by Kev »

Rob! What I meant was did Gavin see the Peachy Ex-Peach Bros car. Could be mistaken for orange in certain light....
<center>
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Kev wrote:Rob! What I meant was did Gavin see the Peachy Ex-Peach Bros car. Could be mistaken for orange in certain light....
Gareth, Kev! :D (And me! :) )

Don't think so, Kev, Was really Orange from what I remember and didn't have the 440 markings. Stuck out like Elephant ears parked outside CJ's Cafe in Brackley! :shock: Was very cool!

CP, Great looking car and I agree that colour does sit very well! Hope you end up keeping it, would be gutting for you I'm sure to sell again! :(

Hope to see you and sat at the euronats! 8-)
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

Blimey James, that cleaned up well son! :)
Stu

Post by Stu »

Not so peachy... Hope it's back soon.!

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Can we get back to my wheels for a mo!
Right, first mistake I made, my Satellite was imported into the UK in 1989. It was apparently in a hemi orange (vitamin c) but didnt look very good (shame cos thats my fave colour with the black and orange interior!). The current purple paint was applied shortly before 1999, cant be more specific.
It was gold with a tan interior (which it still has) when built.
It first lived in Ealing, the guy there imported it from San Fransisco, they moved to Kent. Not sure where the next owner lived (the one thats contacted me) but I think its the London area.
He sold it to someone called Spud in Derby at the Knebworth Nats in '99, and after that it went to Worcester to Nick South. I got it in Oct '05.
Apperntly it had loads rebuilt, like front suspension, gearbox and diff etc.
Buy the way, I would really appreciate any pics of the Satellite in its previous state.
Im really hoping to take it to the Nats.
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

Its a fantastic car,i hope you find a way to keep her?good luck with it
Stu

Post by Stu »

Sorry for the :arrrmeharties: CP! :D

Looks cracking inside and out! Hope you bring it to the Nats, too! :)

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435