MCK's Challenger engine is ready...

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i rememeber it in those colours but when i saw it [and almost swapped my dodge for] it was jacked up about 9 ft at the back lol
steveo

Post by steveo »

strokerblue72 wrote:i rememeber it in those colours but when i saw it [and almost swapped my dodge for] it was jacked up about 9 ft at the back lol

yep jacked up .. :shock: ..... had twin 4 barrels on a tunnel ram ... a few years later ...... sounded really nasty :thumbright: ....
MetalChuckKey

Post by MetalChuckKey »

thanks steveo, I was hoping someone had an old pic of the old girl!

many thanks for sticking that up, doesn't look half bad in yellow with the arse on the ground where it should be! As it was, I knew it meant work when I bought it, it was in good nick (same paint scheme as in the pic) but some things had to go, if you know what I mean - top of the list being the huge Mickey T's on the back. It drove dreadfully until I was rid of the 9" jackup at the back. Only just sold those Cragar wheels.

The 383 went next, the NOS was never wired up and I miss the whine of the Pete Jackson gear drive but the torque of the 440 more than makes up for all that. I've still got the chrome scoop, and RT has the tunnel ram on his '34.

In a way I'm happy that it's a well-known car, hopefully y'all will like what I've done to it when it's finished :thumbright:

cheers again steveo, it's nice to benefit from another member's longer time on the scene.
MetalChuckKey

Post by MetalChuckKey »

Popped out the other weekend during a 5-minute break in the rain ice and snow. Went to Nelsons American Diner near Basingstoke, small but recommended :thumbright:

This one should at last show where I'm going with this. I'm hoping to break-in the engine before Wheels Day and probably will enjoy a long-awaited summer with it before going any further. (that's an excuse, I'm skint really!)

Try and ignore the damaged grille :roll:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Looks cool, great wheel and tyre choice...stance right on the money!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Rogue Trooper

Post by Rogue Trooper »

[quote="Ivor"] great wheel and tyre choice...
:lol: yep Steve ripped my arm off when i offered them to him :D
1970 Charger 500
1934 Coupe
1954 F100
1972 Norton Commando Fastback

Your Mum Says Hi.

Mopar a God amongst insects.

Rule in Hell or be a Slave in Heaven.
Philth

Post by Philth »

Totally agree with that wheel & tyre choice - but then I would!!!

Darken those windows (ahem - legally!) and that'll look right evil :twisted:
1973 Dodge Challenger
MMA 616
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

definitly agree with the windows great stance great colour choice and great wheels all in all fantastic looking car and must be well worth the wait

so we shall be seeing her down the sun inn now then
MetalChuckKey

Post by MetalChuckKey »

strokerblue72 wrote:so we shall be seeing her down the sun inn now then
Yeah, I'll be there :thumbright: still running the engine in so need a few miles on her, I'm actually considering the (slightly) tinted windows idea, never really thought about doing that before.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Careful with the tints, i think the absolute max your able to go is 25% on driver/passenger side windows.

Rear qtr lights and rear screen you can go as dark as you like pretty much.

Cars looking great! so much better looking than when you first brought it to the sun inn with the shoe box hood scoop and its arse on stilts!!!

Be great to see it at the 1st sun inn meet :thumbright:

well done chuck :D
MetalChuckKey

Post by MetalChuckKey »

Thanks Phill! I have already been asked to do my first 'prom', an American ritual that has been imported to fleece the British parent and help the MMA pay their bills :)

25% it is then for all the windows, I'm not keen on them getting darker as they go back, specially on a pillarless.
Gringo

Post by Gringo »

Hey Steve, I've got a mate who does window tinting in Trowbridge, but he can travel. He's very good. Give me a PM if you want his number. Good to meet you and James yesterday.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

looking good, keep it up