1973 Challenger Rallye. UKT120T

Post old photos of road cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

1973 Challenger Rallye. UKT120T

Post by MattH »

My car since 1994 when it was yellow. Previouly owned by several people including such famous names as Dave Bishop and a guy from Peterborough who's name escapes me but is well known from years back.
It was blue when Dave had it, factory (or dealer fit) sunroof 318, auto Rallye.
Pics of it in white are from the first or second owner around 79-80, who I met at Brooklands in 1994 and he recognised the interior. He gave me the pics, he now runs Harleys but was pleased to see his old car.

Any pics please ?? Come on Bish I'm sure you owned a camera, not just a photographic memory.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
steveo

Post by steveo »

UKT maidstone registration , was it ever red :-k
DaveBishop

Post by DaveBishop »

Sorry Matt never owned a camera only a good memory
2 x 1969 Dodge Darts
MattH

Post by MattH »

I dont think so, I have got the history from DVLA some where.
Here we go,
1st reg 22/11/78 in Folkestone by James Williams. colour white.
2nd owner David Barwick in Ware from mar 79
3rd Colin Digby , Windsor (man in the photos) Jul79
4th Colin Astley , Maidenhead , Sept 1980 . Still white - He changed it to blue in Aug 1981 (on V5)
5th Rob Millward (thats the one I couldnt remember) Oct 82 - still blue.
Bish never registered with DVLA, he doesnt do that, do you Dave :lol: Did a swap with Rob or something.
6th Simon MOWER , Loughton April 1988 , still blue
7th Ian Carruthers , Stevenage july 88,
8th Steven Sedi, Horley , Sussex May 89 , blue still.
9th Vincent Webb, Heathfield april 91. now shown as yellow, so he may have painted it
10th Tom Shaugnessy. High Wycombe July 93, John Marsh bought it from him took the good bits off and sold it to me with no rallye bits.

So Steve, I dont think it was red !!

Does anyone know any of the above, Ive only contacted Colin Digby and Tom , but I havent tried very hard since 1995 when it was last out and about.
steveo

Post by steveo »

MattH wrote:I dont think so, I have got the history from DVLA some where.
Here we go,
1st reg 22/11/78 in Folkestone by James Williams. colour white.
2nd owner David Barwick in Ware from mar 79
3rd Colin Digby , Windsor (man in the photos) Jul79
4th Colin Astley , Maidenhead , Sept 1980 . Still white - He changed it to blue in Aug 1981 (on V5)
5th Rob Millward (thats the one I couldnt remember) Oct 82 - still blue.
Bish never registered with DVLA, he doesnt do that, do you Dave :lol: Did a swap with Rob or something.
6th Simon MOWER , Loughton April 1988 , still blue
7th Ian Carruthers , Stevenage july 88,
8th Steven Sedi, Horley , Sussex May 89 , blue still.
9th Vincent Webb, Heathfield april 91. now shown as yellow, so he may have painted it
10th Tom Shaugnessy. High Wycombe July 93, John Marsh bought it from him took the good bits off and sold it to me with no rallye bits.

So Steve, I dont think it was red !!

Does anyone know any of the above, Ive only contacted Colin Digby and Tom , but I havent tried very hard since 1995 when it was last out and about.

oh right i see Matt :-k i said red ..as there was a Belgium challenger about a mile away from me in the early eightys ! kph speedo & a sun roof ...... can't be sure think it had velour faced seats with chrome buttons , in factory style
can't of been many belgian challengers about :? wern't they assembled in sweden also ...& the cars had a partial vin i think
:atthemovies:
MattH

Post by MattH »

The velour is blue and everywhere, headliner, door panels, seats. All very well done. If it was red then it wasnt on the V5. Think mine may be a Belgium car but so much has been messed with its hard to tell. I have to weld up the sunroof as its so rotten, so it will need a vinyl as well. Tig Napiers purple one is a sunroof car as well, also a 73.