Markies Charger

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Markies Charger

Post by Anonymous »

Not as flashy as some of the cars on here, but I got a soft spot for the old girl. Theres something a little different about this car and thats what I like. I havent done any major modifications or even taken her racing (yet). I even have the same rear tyres on her as when I bought her in september 2003. Now that is a major record when compared to the last owner - Dave "smoke those tyres" McBride...!

Its an embarassing fact that there are people who have never owned this car on this board that know more about it than I do! I know im an embrassment to the club, but every club has one! :oops:

Anyway...working purely off the top of my head this is the cars spec. Advance apologies for the lack of detail;

Rear Axle: 8 and 3/4 axle with 4:10.1 gears
Transmission: 727 with manual reverse pattern valve body
Brakes: Standard drums on rears, Challenger disc conversion on fronts, line lock out on front circuit
Steering: Manual conversion (heavy but I like it)
Engine: 318ci V8 with mild cam (i think), Holley 600 4 barrel with edelbrock intake
Exhaust: non-standard headers with removeable caps (by pipecraft i think)
Best 1/4 mile: 14.9 sec (not by me) -maybe if I diet I can beat this?!
Interior: bucket seats and covers all new from yearone metallic blue colour throughout (very 70s)
Bodywork: Good condition, most panels are all individually shaded! But generally good condition. Fibreglass lift off hood
Worst Part: The electrics -but theyre all like this arent they?

My best moment: Keeping neck and neck with a new BMW 3 series :) (yee haar!)

One last thing, after the Nats this year I will most probably be selling her. No sad story, I just fancy a change (still american of course), but not sure what yet.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Nice ride Man!

Mopars are becoming far more popular these days as an alternative to the usual Fords and Chevys just because they are different. I've recently bought my first and am a convert!

Good luck wih the sale.
Kev

Post by Kev »

318ci V8 with mild cam (i think),
Reckon that's stock, mate, or was it's Dave's driving that got that slow 1/4 :D Markie, Don't dis yerself down, you have a fine car there and it's YOURS! 8) Keep the faith. When you come to sell it, please put up your choice of cars that you would like. I'm sure that, between us, we could persuade you against all of them. (Except maybe if you choose a Buick, then one bloke will rise up and champion his corner :twisted: ) That Charger rocks. Cane it up the Strip at the Nats, then see how you feel.
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Alex

Post by Alex »

What he said !
Kev

Post by Kev »

You're right, you don't say geezer!
<center>
Alex

Post by Alex »

Told ya :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hmm funny you mention buicks....!!!

This is exactly why im going to go to the Nats first. Maybe I'll be back a changed man!

Are you sure that the engine is completely stock Im sure Dave told me it had an uprated cam (maybe it was that old Irish selling technique, damn i fell for it again!)

See folks? Like I said theres poeple on here that know more about this car than me, and I own it! In fact Kev has even done some welding on it (ask Dave about the prop loop :shock: )
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Got be said copmpared with a Mopar you get a hell of alot of powerful car for the pound with a Buick. Trouble is the last Nats nearly persuaded me to get one!
There is something special bout a Mopar though :?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

under 15sec quarter with a stock 318, in a heavy car - I think not :o
Gotta have a cam in it.
Kev

Post by Kev »

Markie, that engine is well sorted with bags of speed parts in it. I was just making references to when me and Dave had a lot of banter as we were both tweaking 318s 8) Obviously I had a huge weight advantage. That car is rocking on up the 1/4, don't you worry!
<center>