Moderator: Moderators

Pete

Post by Pete »

Fantastic, thanks!! :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Pete

Post by Pete »

Pete wrote:So, it is a Bracket race RWYB then...
:roll: :roll: :roll:

;)
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Pete wrote:

;)

Thats it at the moment ,,,,a brackett race for pre 74 yank moters only.....i should have said that at the beginning and saved myself a lot of workThats all the NHRA SS class is but a lot more complicated and no year limit
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

pete walton wrote:
Pete wrote:

;)

Thats it at the moment ,,,,a brackett race for pre 74 yank moters only.....i should have said that at the beginning and saved myself a lot of workThats all the NHRA SS class is but a lot more complicated and no year limit
i like to be the hunter......... rather than the hunted. its a bit like being the giver rather than the reciever, :shock: ;) :D :D
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Hey Dunc, it only takes 415 fly hp to make a 2100lb car run a 9.90..with a good rear, as you know.....and you'll be one of the Hunters, its just keeping the fronts down without bars.

Les
Pete

Post by Pete »

2100lb with a driver is a Tea tray, my "A" Body SS (full interior, Cigar Lighter, Cage, etc) weighed 3400lb without a Driver....

The Dart weight 2838lb without driver
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

pete walton wrote:
Pete wrote:

;)

Difference is here you may get a car with a 13.7 dial racing one with a 9.7 dial.(as an extreme example)...the huge difference between 60's will end the race pretty quick....you won't see that in US SS brackets.

What you could do is level it up a bit and have say 2 or 3 index spreads (dependent on cars) so dials will only be around 1>1.5 sec apart, giving the slower car something similar in p/w to race against and it will look more like a race to the public as well promoting the class more. I don't think many spectators will see the point of a car at mid track before the other starts, as a drag race.

Its a bit more work yes, but will make it feel more like an SS class should be perhaps without all the engine hp to factory weight rules etc.

Les
Jerry Smith

Post by Jerry Smith »

Les Szabo wrote:

Difference is here you may get a car with a 13.7 dial racing one with a 9.7 dial.(as an extreme example)...the huge difference between 60's will end the race pretty quick....you won't see that in US SS brackets.

Les
Les in the SS class up at York we have cars ranging from 17's down to Dave B's fat bird errr superbird running low 9's and the class works really well average probably 18-20 cars most meetings and on good days they get 30+, it is only super stock by name tho! Not really what Pete has a vision of but I hope that he gets his dream it'll be great to watch
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Jerry Smith wrote:
Les Szabo wrote:

Les
Les in the SS class up at York we have cars ranging from 17's down to Dave B's lightweight bird errr superbird running low 9's and the class works really well average probably 18-20 cars most meetings and on good days they get 30+, it is only super stock by name tho! Not really what Pete has a vision of but I hope that he gets his dream it'll be great to watch
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Jerry Smith

Post by Jerry Smith »

Cannonball wrote:
Jerry Smith wrote:
Les Szabo wrote:

Les
Les in the SS class up at York we have cars ranging from 17's down to Dave B's lightweight bird errr superbird running low 9's and the class works really well average probably 18-20 cars most meetings and on good days they get 30+, it is only super stock by name tho! Not really what Pete has a vision of but I hope that he gets his dream it'll be great to watch
:lol:
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Lighter than a stocker :lol:
68northantsdart

Post by 68northantsdart »

I'm def up for running my dart at dragstalga, my issue is my cars not tagged to tech? Is that an issue??
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

68northantsdart wrote:I'm def up for running my dart at dragstalga, my issue is my cars not tagged to tech? Is that an issue??

No issue at this event as it is not an MSA event ,,,,you will need a harness and lid...... How fast you plan on going depends on harness cage etc ,,,,, What is the spec of your Dart??
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Sorry. Of topic a tad. But can you do a RWYB event with a lap belt ?
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Mossy68 wrote:Sorry. Of topic a tad. But can you do a RWYB event with a lap belt ?
Yep, but speed/et restricted even on RWYB
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."