List of Valiants in the UK

For Australian cars, Mopar or other.

Moderator: Moderators

CLPete

List of Valiants in the UK

Post by CLPete »

Afternoon all who are interested in Australian Valiants in the UK.

I've been stalking the internet as a small stress-relief project of mine, looking for references to any valiants in the UK. Taking mostly images or postings on forums where there is a registration, I've built up a list of "active", "sorn or project" and "dead"* cars into a handy little database.

*Note - "dead" may include "exported" (but is "dead" for UK purposes).

Clearly, if someone has a car that hasn't been to a show and photographed, or you have not mentioned it on line, it won't be on my list.

As such, I'm sure that this list is not a full one by any means.

At the moment, it stands as follows:

I am aware of 37 Valiant products that have an on-line footprint. Of these, 22 are "live", 6 "sorn or project" and 9 "dead".

Of the "live" ones, they are made up of:

2 CH Sedan
1 VC Estate
5 VE
1 VG
7 VH (6 Chargers, 1 Estate)
7 VJ Chargers

The website "How Many Left" (I know it isn't accurate) lists:

18 Regal Auto
9 Charger Auto
3 CH
2 Charger

Of course, it lists around 4000 Chrysler "unknown" so a few could be hiding in there too!

I'd be interested if anyone has, or knows of, a vehicle that I don't have on my list, and that they would like to share.

Edited to add: One more CH Sedan that I'd forgotten that was on ebay a few months back.
Last edited by CLPete on Fri Dec 06, 13 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
1968 VE Valiant VIP (on road)
1972 CH Chrysler by Chrysler ("project")
1969 VF Valiant VIP (best called "spares")
Minty

Post by Minty »

Good idea pete
I ve got this hiding in a garage waiting for me to get my finger out
PGC 479K 770 VH charger
Attachments
gym 014.jpg
gym 014.jpg (82.97 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770 -1006 Magnum 360 Rocket ship
1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770 rolling shell under restoration -667
2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
CLPete

Post by CLPete »

Brilliant - one I didn't have!

Poor little bugger, sitting there like that! When are you going to fix her up?
Cannonball

Re: List of Valiants in the UK

Post by Cannonball »

CLPete wrote:Afternoon all who are interested in Australian Valiants in the UK.

I've been stalking the internet as a small stress-relief project of mine, looking for references to any valiants in the UK. Taking mostly images or postings on forums where there is a registration, I've built up a list of "active", "sorn or project" and "dead"* cars into a handy little database.

*Note - "dead" may include "exported" (but is "dead" for UK purposes).

Clearly, if someone has a car that hasn't been to a show and photographed, or you have not mentioned it on line, it won't be on my list.

As such, I'm sure that this list is not a full one by any means.

At the moment, it stands as follows:

I am aware of 37 Valiant products that have an on-line footprint. Of these, 22 are "live", 6 "sorn or project" and 9 "dead".

Of the "live" ones, they are made up of:

1 CH Sedan
1 VC Estate
5 VE
1 VG
7 VH (6 Chargers, 1 Estate)
7 VJ Chargers

The website "How Many Left" (I know it isn't accurate) lists:

18 Regal Auto
9 Charger Auto
3 CH
2 Charger

Of course, it lists around 4000 Chrysler "unknown" so a few could be hiding in there too!

I'd be interested if anyone has, or knows of, a vehicle that I don't have on my list, and that they would like to share.
can you not put reg no,s up so people on here know if its there car your listing.........
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
CLPete

Post by CLPete »

Cannonball wrote:can you not put reg no,s up so people on here know if its there car your listing.........
Of course Cannonball.

I know that Reg Numbers can be a bit of a privacy issue, so won't be mentioning them (or anything else really that is beyond basic info). You can PM me if you'd like, though, to see if I've spotted your car online.

It's a good point to raise though - if people want to tell me about their cars, I'd love to hear about them. But if they'd rather not, that's fine. And if it belongs to someone else, they really should ask them first.

I suppose it would be ok to mention model (and possibly colur) in vauge terms - unless it is a white VE sedan, or a Charger as there are plenty of these about. So, if you were for example to tell me of a VJ Sedan that you knew of, I'd know that I'd not seen it online (only one picture of a VJ Sedan on the internet that I could find, and that is long dead and buried I'd say, based on the tax info).
Minty

Post by Minty »

CLPete wrote:Brilliant - one I didn't have!

Next year,but ive been saying that since 2005 when i got i from Matt H
MattH

Post by MattH »

The MMA vehicle register has most of those that are known through the club, with reg nos.
May be able to marry them up to get a better picture.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
CLPete

Post by CLPete »

That would be quite interesting (so long as there were not any privacy issues, I'd be quite keen to compare the lists).

Most of the ones I collected came from internet search-engine searches over many hours, so I'd probably have some of the club ones from that. I have a quite a few other random ones though as well.

Like this, for example!

Sadly, long dead.

From "The Sweeny" TV show.

Link:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_105823-Chr ... -1974.html
CLPete

Post by CLPete »

Minty wrote:
CLPete wrote:Brilliant - one I didn't have!

Next year,but ive been saying that since 2005 when i got i from Matt H
Doesn't look too bad from that picture - only a little rust in the chamber.

You can never have too many!
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Chargers

1) Mine VH mustard
2) Mintys Mint
3) Mintys not so mint
4) Matts Magenta
5) Yellow VJ turns up from time to time at brooklands ex member of UK charger club
6) Royal blue was owned by ravi/elenor just sold twice on ebay
7) Orange one at watford vans + he sold a parts car rolling chassis
8) Mikeys white sportsman
9) The 440 8/34 one from yorkshire red with RT stripes
10) another dark blue one not moved since 90s/ stalled resto met the fella at wheels day
11) a chap with one that he converted to 8 3/4 with sierra brakes
12) the black one being restored that had massive square headlamps and no grill (on here)
13) bright green one that lived in lincoln with a fella called jason who likes hondas
14) Baz in scotland
15) red one or 2 in coventry

VEs
1) kiwi guy in twickenham just sold to CL Pete
2) white one in barnsley
3) Black with green stripe on ebay every year

VF VG

VGVIP s VIP
Chap in scotland with yellow convertible
RED VG hardtop ebay sometime in last 3 years
White/beige VF hard top with slant 6 south west
VG hardtop no import papers unregister-able with CudaKeith on the channel Islands
VG hardtop converted into 68 dart clone (turns up at HRDs usually)

R/S series
kray twins S series
at least 2 others

VC dunno

4 door 2 door VH-onwards

VH wagon steve in essex
CH hardtop craig in bits
ch 4 door barn find white on ebay last year
4 door with no front on ebay last few months
Mopar menace race car

rumour of 2 more 4 door valiants from KIWI guy in gatwick

at least 2 dodge phoenix which pop up in Classic american small adds once very 2 - 3 years..

centura, delivery miles on clock, now in heritage motor museum in coventry, Chrylser UK just never sent it back before Chrylser Australia went bust, along with a low number 245 engine on a stand (although not on display and not on display for about 10 years they won't sell either or even lend it out for a spin to the NATS, i even offered to re comission it into a rollong working display NOOOOOOOOO)

MIA
somewhere on this board is a list of mopar owners and their cars from about 1990

it lists off 3 or 4 Utes a number of wagons from VC onwards

we know that UK import cars had 225 273 318 (many) 265 (few) and 340 (one) 360 ( CHRYSLER By chrylser, a few) engines

Bratfink (on here) i think has some docs from Chrylser listing off official x35 UK export cars and chassis numbers or at least had access at some point.

from what i can remeber of distant discussions total imports was bout 2000 of which about 200 were chargers.

aussie chryslers also sold into europe via Chrysler international SPA belgium

RT limelight green charger from scandinavia went back to OZ
and I saw VC in france last year

west indies fiji and virgin Islands i.e places that were assocaited with the UK at some point in the past got aussie chryslers under their own export agreements

an E38 went to fiji...!

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
CLPete

Post by CLPete »

I'll have a look when I get home, as the list is on my home computer.

Can't recall the Chargers - they are the most pictured on the internet, and as such, the most numerous on my list. I'll see what I can tally up (without mentioning reg numbers of course) on the weekend.

I'd forgotten the orange watford one (do recall seeing it on ebay) - is there a thread on here with an ebay link / picture?

I have a couple of cars (mostly Chragers I think) that I have a picture for in good condition, but the tax has only recently not been renwed (say within 2 - 3 years) - I'd assumed that these were "returns" to Aus. I guess that would be the case with the Chargers, at least.

I've images of a couple more VE's than the three you list.

Didn't notice either the white barn-find CH, nor the one without the front on ebay though! Poopie! How annoying, as the VH-onward series is my prefered model! I only saw the blue rusted-bulkhead "americanised" CH that went for £3000ish on ebay within the past 18 months.

I've seen the Centura - saw it when I first arrived here many years ago on display. Nice looking car in it's own way.
CLPete

Post by CLPete »

CLPete wrote:
Cannonball wrote:can you not put reg no,s up so people on here know if its there car your listing.........
Of course Cannonball.

I know that Reg Numbers can be a bit of a privacy issue, so won't be mentioning them (or anything else really that is beyond basic info). You can PM me if you'd like, though, to see if I've spotted your car online.

It's a good point to raise though - if people want to tell me about their cars, I'd love to hear about them. But if they'd rather not, that's fine. And if it belongs to someone else, they really should ask them first.

I suppose it would be ok to mention model (and possibly colur) in vauge terms - unless it is a white VE sedan, or a Charger as there are plenty of these about. So, if you were for example to tell me of a VJ Sedan that you knew of, I'd know that I'd not seen it online (only one picture of a VJ Sedan on the internet that I could find, and that is long dead and buried I'd say, based on the tax info).
Just re-read this cannonball, and just wanted to check - did you mean this to mean not to put up reg numbers? Suddenly thought maybe I'd been a bit dense!
Minty

Post by Minty »

A couple i have owned,the yellow chargers parts live on,the red cj was bought off me by a couple of us servicemen stationed at Brize norton,where abouts unknown.
Sorry about the crappy pictures,pre digital
Attachments
picture_013_474.jpg
picture_013_474.jpg (86.72 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
scan0011.jpg
scan0011.jpg (68.01 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

CLPete wrote:
CLPete wrote:
Of course Cannonball.

Just re-read this cannonball, and just wanted to check - did you mean this to mean not to put up reg numbers? Suddenly thought maybe I'd been a bit dense![/quot

Not at all put the reg no,s up i can,t see any reason someone would be Bananarama! off at you doing that its not like your putting address contact details etc etc bang em up,
i would be keen to see pics as well, i am not a follower off the aussie cars but i do think they are quirky,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
CLPete

Post by CLPete »

Minty wrote:A couple i have owned,the yellow chargers parts live on,the red cj was bought off me by a couple of us servicemen stationed at Brize norton,where abouts unknown.
Sorry about the crappy pictures,pre digital
Hate to break it to you, but the red one is likely dead as well (tax liability showing as last due 01.12.1990) - pity!

Thanks for the info though - updated my list!