Part restored Charger value?

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Matt74

Re: Part restored Charger value?

Post by Matt74 »

Steve wrote: Sun Sep 10, 23 6:42 pm An all round awful situation to have to deal with Matt. Reasonable force is very subjective. Its all about your honest perception of threat level at the time and it sounds like you did just enough to deal with the situation and no more than necessary.....perfect. Drunk people are notoriously difficult to deal with as they tend to do stupid things that they wouldnt dream of doing when sober.

Glad you are feeling better and good luck with all your future plans, whatever they may be. Maybe we will bump into each other as you have decided to move to Scotland and buy a C body! :D :D
Thanks Steve,

Yes at the time I was trying to do just enough to keep him back and I thought he was all mouth although I was half expecting a clout but he had already had the opportunity to seriously assault me due to me letting my guard down so I was hoping that if he was going to assault my he would have done so already!
He did technically assault me but I knew he was provoking me and I wasn't falling for that so I just pushed him away. Each time I pushed him back it was with more force but not much really and then my two neighbours stepped in and kept him back.

Anyway thank you so much for the support Steve 👍🙂

As for Scotland it's on our list of possibilities but Dorset is more likely as it's closer to friends and family.

My son Adam was going to move to Ullapool but unfortunately he broke up with his girlfriend otherwise he'd be there now!

Now I like the C body's but I think they're a bit on the large side for me so I would probably go for another B body like a satellite or Road Runner!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Good luck Matt and hope things go the way you want with the Charger etc. Sounds like an adventure on the horizon :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Cheers Steve.

I nipped out about an hour ago to pick up my youngest from work and happened to bump into my nextdoor neighbour that came out to help me the other night.
He thinks I handled things fine and couldn't have done things any different.
I know I could have obviously but what he said really has made me feel so much better. And of course the support that I have had on the forum has helped massively as well!

Thanks again. I'll stop going on now! :)
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Quick update on this if anyone is interested.
I'm persevering with the Charger although I'm not really enjoying it. There's a long way to go yet!

I've also just had a phone call from the police. I haven't heard a thing from them until now despite me contacting them 7 times in 9 weeks.
Yesterday I wrote to my MP about it and he replied within a few hours and told me he would urgently write to police for a response and update.

This evening I received a call from the investigating officer to say the had caught up with the offender and despite the fact that we have proof that he broke into my neighbours van, committed physical assault, common assault a public order offence not to mention that he is also out on conditional discharge it has been decided that all he needs to do is write a letter of apology to me!

I believe l have every right to press charges but without even consulting me they have decided that this is a satisfactory outcome!

What a joke!
morgan

Post by morgan »

It also assumes he can write.

Irritated for you.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

morgan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 23 11:28 am It also assumes he can write.

Irritated for you.
That's exactly what Mel said!

I imagine they'll give him a template to copy!

I've made a formal complaint as there was further evidence to submit and no one ever took my statement.
I have also requested a right to review!

I've done all I can do now so time to forget about it, move on and get the Charger done :working: