Engine paint!

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Engine paint!

Post by Anonymous »

I am sure this was on the last messageboard!
What is recommended?
Also paint for Items such as rear springs, diff and front suspension.
Thanks!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Are you looking for original factory colours or just a paint to make it look nice?

I used VHT spray cans on my engine, despite everyone saying it was rubbish. It looks quite good and seems to stick well enough. I did undercoat it with red oxide primer first though (to stop the engine rusting in between me cleaning it and getting the paint). I don't know if that makes a difference but I am happy with my results.
Anonymous

engine paint

Post by Anonymous »

used brush on engine paint from frost for this[which is so thick it blends into a very smooth finish], and the rocker covers were sent off for a paint finish called "ano colour".
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Cheers guys for that,
What I am looking for now is some orange engine block paint,
anybody know where they sell this?
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Good old two pack is the stuff you need and the general concensus of opinion is that BL Vermillion is a pretty good match for Street Hemi Orange...I've mixed some and will be applying it in the next week or so, if Mancini Racing come up trumps this week, I can post a pic and see if it looks like a hunky Hemi or a tacky tangerine :)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Just come off the phone to Hauser Racing, they have the Mopar street hemi orange paint available in tinsn (original Mopar parts I believe).
My engine is all built up now so going to apply a few thin coats so I can fit the beast this weekend!
Cheers Guys!
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

You gonna post a picture Captain? Be nice to see how it turns out!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Alex

Post by Alex »

Don't even think about using MP engine paint, it is the worst excuse for paint I have ever had the misfortune to have to try and use.....and the colour is way off :shock:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Oh! #-o
Thats not good!
I really wanted some paint just touch up what was already there.
Well its on its way now!!
I will let you guys know how bad it is! :-k
Alex

Post by Alex »

Ooops sorry, didn't know you already ordered it ! I hope you had better luck with it, I threw 10 cans on the bonfire :twisted:
TrevD

Post by TrevD »

My mate works at halfords , he mixed my paint and put it in spray cans , we found a WV colour that is verry close to hemi orange . i first primed the engine with a good etching primer ( POR8 (also from halfords) ive used this on a couple of engines now and it looks good and is far superior to the old brushing engine enamel , if you need some i will find out exactly what the formula is .
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hiya, it still has not come yet, will have ago, if that fails, I will let you know and try and post some pics, its Duncans old engine from his Charger.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I have the correct formula for Hemi Orange somewhere at home. I will see if I can find it tonight after American Chopper.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Seeing as the boss is not home yet I had a chance to look this up.

I hope it helps?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks Dave, this mopar paint should come on tues I hope.
Sounds like I am going to have to make some up from our local paint factors though.