Alternative Calipers

Moderator: Moderators

TyreFryer

Alternative Calipers

Post by TyreFryer »

I'm not having any luck with rebuild parts for the Bendix calipers on my 68 Satellite. I have considered fitting an SSBC disk conversion kit but would rather spend that kind of money on making the car go faster. Does anybody know of alternative calipers from something that's readily available over here that would fit? The rotors are 11" diameter, vented and 7/8" thick. The hole centres where the calipers mount are 3 1/2" apart. Landrover Defender calipers have the right mounting spacings but I would need smaller diameter rotors. Ivor suggested I look at XJ6 calipers but I haven't been able to find any to compare.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm getting desperate. I have to get the car MOT'd and registered by 30th of March or my insurance policy will be cancelled and I'll lose the ?272 premium (they didn't tell me that).
db

Post by db »

I've a Capri caliper on ebay at the mo, only 1 unfortunately... if you want it let me know and i'll pull the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
No-one will believe you...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The Aussie ones are made by PBR. Don't know if they are the same fitment or not, worth checking though.
Holly

Post by Holly »

New pattern Capri calipers for solid disks are only ?50 :shock:

Cheapest would be adapting something recent, popular and big ... how about new Transit ones?
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Try calipers from a range rover some had vented front discs so the caliper had a distance bit fitted to make them wider but I think the new ones had vented discs anyway :lol:
John Rutledge