Hi! From new 69 charger owner & help request.

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

Re: Hi! From new 69 charger owner & help request.

Post by Steve »

Very frustrating for you Matt.... let's hope Greta Thunberg doesnt get a job there when her position in the Global Fun Police comes to an end
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Well if DVLA are not going to accept VIN numbers for registering older cars then that only means one thing:

"They are not interested in having old cars on the road"

may be that is the future as CLEAN cars are being pushed more and more :(
Steve

Post by Steve »

I tend to agree Ali. I think we are probably the last generation that will properly enjoy 'old' cars. I know when I go, my kids arent interested and my car will end up either rotting away somewhere or gifted to a museum somewhere, never to breathe again. I believe the Govt know this and are just circling us, waiting for the hobby to die of natural causes. This bureaucracy and the fuel changes etc will all add up to nobody being able or bothered to import and run an old car. Next thing will be the US govt introduce a vintage scrappage scheme that pays out $5000 for old cars towards a new Prius Satsuma Leaf. Suddenly, those 60s and 70s lower end classics that keep the hobby going will all be scrapped and our hobby will be strangled.

Sounds a bit doom and gloom but our cars will become dinosaurs, it's just a case of when in my opinion

Cheers Steve
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
mr m

Post by mr m »

the covid issue is worse than you know.
As we aware there are different strains and it affects different race's of humans so we are told, what the scientists have not realised its also affects anyone in the civil service and business admin,
i believe, a strain attacks the human brain of these people eroding the cells that administer common sense and then turning them into cyclists :!: :!: :!:
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
MattH

Post by MattH »

mr m wrote: Wed Sep 16, 20 8:13 am the covid issue is worse than you know.
As we aware there are different strains and it affects different race's of humans so we are told, what the scientists have not realised its also affects anyone in the civil service and business admin,
i believe, a strain attacks the human brain of these people eroding the cells that administer common sense and then turning them into cyclists :!: :!: :!:
:lol: :lol:
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

mr m wrote: Wed Sep 16, 20 8:13 am the covid issue is worse than you know.
When it was announced recently that the majority of people were being encouraged / forced to go back to work, didn't the Unions for the Civil Servants object, saying that it wasn't 'safe' yet? So i got the impression that most of the Civil Service was still on furlough, at home playing with their kids. (or other people's kids)
While the rest of us have to keep on working to keep the country on it's feet.
and breathe....

oops, off topic. Sorry.
Dino

Post by Dino »

MattH wrote: Mon Sep 14, 20 8:42 am
Dino wrote: Fri Sep 11, 20 8:17 pm Hi Seyhan and welcome to the club :thumbright:

How did you get on with application?

My Charger has been in the country a similar amount of time and I need to go through the same process before it's too late. I've been putting it off as I thought you needed to have an MOT. I do have all the import papers which might make it a bit simpler.

Good luck with the resto, this is by far the best place to come for advice. Some very knowledgeable & friendly peeps on here that will help you out.
Dino, you don't need an MOT, but as has been said before, if the car is complete and MOTable then it helps as a set of official eyes have already looked at it.

getting the car registered will take time due to Covid so worth getting the ball rolling with your V55/5 (downloadable from Gov UK) and send papers off, but copy EVERYTHING as you won't get any papers back. Make sure you have the NOVA as well before you start.
Thank you Matt. I should've done this a long time ago and listened to those who told me exactly that.
I will get on it tomorrow and let you know how I get on, hopefully Seyhan will get some joy too. (sorry for hijacking the post) :thumbright:
Chargingatchya

Post by Chargingatchya »

Hi guys!

Just seen all these messages as I have just come here to update.

Today I received a nice, new V55 for my project- let me tell you it was not easy!

I had to track down the original import documents of the car- this was a huge challenge, but what where my options? Challenge accepted I guess...

I had some help from some incredible people... Matt Hollingsworth you are an asset to this community and I cannot thank you enough. Without you my car would just be metal shaped like a charger- thank you!

My advice to those in a similar situation to me is don’t give up- it’s all completely possible. You just need the right person at the DVLA who wants to help. Good, understanding and helpful people do exist. Although, the truth does exist that most are just watching the clock for home time. That’s life I guess.

I have a boat headed to UK full of AMD sheet metal for a 69 charger... restoration thread coming shortly!
Blue

Post by Blue »

Glad you got it sorted the end! There's been some huge delays recently with containers so it might be a while before you see your panels. The panels I bought in October have only landed this week.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Chargingatchya

Post by Chargingatchya »

Do you use Ron at STS? If so I have been following that container! I have parts on the container after that landed just after yours. What a nightmare.

The big one I’m waiting for has not even left yet 😩

In all honestly- it’s not all bad. I’d like the weather to warm up a bit before I make a solid start...
Blue

Post by Blue »

Yes it is, there's been container issues ever since the pandemic started, first they were in short supply and now you can't seem to get them landed. It was all very straight forward previously.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
MattH

Post by MattH »

Chargingatchya wrote: Thu Jan 14, 21 5:12 pm Hi guys!

Just seen all these messages as I have just come here to update.

Today I received a nice, new V55 for my project- let me tell you it was not easy!

I had to track down the original import documents of the car- this was a huge challenge, but what where my options? Challenge accepted I guess...

I had some help from some incredible people... Matt Hollingsworth you are an asset to this community and I cannot thank you enough. Without you my car would just be metal shaped like a charger- thank you!

My advice to those in a similar situation to me is don’t give up- it’s all completely possible. You just need the right person at the DVLA who wants to help. Good, understanding and helpful people do exist. Although, the truth does exist that most are just watching the clock for home time. That’s life I guess.

I have a boat headed to UK full of AMD sheet metal for a 69 charger... restoration thread coming shortly!
Glad to hear you got it registered. You can now invest in it without it being an expensive ornament. I look forward to the rebuild thread.
Dino

Post by Dino »

Matt, can I just say a huge thank you too. My registration came through after taking your advice. :woohoo:
I know I should've done it a long time ago and kept putting it off but you made the whole process a lot easier for me.

Thank you :notworthy:
MattH

Post by MattH »

Dino wrote: Mon Feb 08, 21 9:08 pm Matt, can I just say a huge thank you too. My registration came through after taking your advice. :woohoo:
I know I should've done it a long time ago and kept putting it off but you made the whole process a lot easier for me.

Thank you :notworthy:
Excellent news, thanks for letting me know.