Superbird FaceBook conundrum

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Kev

Superbird FaceBook conundrum

Post by Kev »

Whilst dabbling on the old FB I turned up some pics of UK Wing Cars. There was a red SuperBird with a rego the same as Pete's Petty Blue 'Bird but 1 of the number didgits was transposed. Now I was half cut when I linked me way to the page and can't be arsed getting there again. There were a few Mopar galleries with all the old favourites, something like "Paradise Road" was the page. Are these the same 2 cars or were the regos that close??????
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Pete

Post by Pete »

From memory my Tor Red 6 pak bird and the Petty Blue one both were "MFL" prefix...The Petty one was originally a "Q" plate until I got it changed thanks to Matt H's help :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

Ask JC, he brought the car in from the US ???????????

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
Pete

Post by Pete »

Strange, I thought Tony Dixon did...(RIP, bless him)

Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

jerry

Post by jerry »

Pete wrote:Strange, I thought Tony Dixon did...(RIP, bless him)

Likewise.

There will never be another speed shop like Tonys, turn up late at night, nice cuppa tea, good chat & went home with your goods or picked them up next time
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

Tony Dixon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of the BIGGEST rip off merchants of the 70`s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you knew anything about the history of your "Petty Blue" Superbird, Pete, you would have a different oponion :shock:

OOOOOOOOO I could tell some stories :roll: :roll: :roll:

jerry

Post by jerry »

R.RUNNER wrote:Tony Dixon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of the BIGGEST rip off merchants of the 70`s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you knew anything about the history of your "Petty Blue" Superbird, Pete, you would have a different oponion :shock:

Maybe be true, I don't believe in cursing those who can't fight back, best said in conversation, as opposed to the Net.
Just my opinion
Jerry II :D
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

jerry wrote:
R.RUNNER wrote:Tony Dixon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of the BIGGEST rip off merchants of the 70`s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you knew anything about the history of your "Petty Blue" Superbird, Pete, you would have a different oponion :shock:

, I don't believe in cursing those who can't fight back Jerry II :D

Wait, I`ll get my "OUIJIE" board.......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

"The Vicar" Is what Bob Bennison used to call him Pete. He was a really nice guy. I bet they are up there looking down on us all!
I am keeping this Mopar....... SOLD!
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

The "KRAY TWINS" used to love their mum, but that didn`t stop them killing people did it ?

Get Real you lot! I never DISS anyone if it`s not true, alive or dead :deadski: :deadski: :deadski:

Thanks Jerry :roll:
Last edited by R.RUNNER on Mon Dec 27, 10 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jerry

Post by jerry »

R.RUNNER wrote:The "CRAY TWINS" used to love their mum, but that didn`t stop them killing people did it ?

Get Real you lot! I never DISS anyone if it`s not true, alive or dead :deadski: :deadski: :deadski:

Kray Twins ;)

Dont be so sensitive, we all love you :D :D
Kev

Post by Kev »

Thanks for all the informative replies. Here are some pics;
Attachments
sb4.jpg
sb4.jpg (67.47 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
sb3.jpg
sb3.jpg (56.85 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
sb2.jpg
sb2.jpg (35.77 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
sb1.jpg
sb1.jpg (29.39 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
steveo

Post by steveo »

jerry wrote:
Pete wrote:Strange, I thought Tony Dixon did...(RIP, bless him)

Likewise.

There will never be another speed shop like Tonys, turn up late at night, nice cuppa tea, good chat & went home with your goods or picked them up next time
yep was always over there 89 /90 !! cup of tea & a good chinwag , good opening times also , so could go after work ,
how many times though did i forget & miss the turn off junction on the M26 & had to drive right round to the godstone junction J6 on the M25 :? #-o
Blue

Post by Blue »

I think that's Pete's six pack 'bird, certainly looks like it from what I can remember. I spent many a late night at Tony Dicksons throughout the '80's, I bought most of my parts there. I always found him helpful and friendly and entertainingly eccentric. He was a bit posh and somewhat camp, more like a retired actor than a parts salesman. I knew a couple of people that owed him money though, and he pursued them for years, he never gave up on a debt.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yep, that 's the #'s matching "V" code bird with a 4 speed and Dana with 3.54:1 gears I imported from the 'States. Engine was built by Ray Barton; Alex and I installed it. Went like a train, considering it was in stock trim.

I was amazed when I floored it at 120mph 4-up (on a private road of course) and the outboard carbs opened up and it pushed you back into the seat. Not many British cars would have done that in 1970!!

Now in New Zealand with the owner of the 4 speed Daytona in one of the pictures (John Houlihan).
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.