Saturday morning at JC's

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

Saturday morning at JC's

Post by RobTwin »

After years of struggling with the Polara's doors that don't shut properly we finally got round to taking it down to JC's to let the professionals have a go at replacing the hinge pins, bushes, door latches, etc etc and try and get them shutting nicely. Well, that's the plan...

As usual, on a Saturday morning, the tea and biccies were flowing, as was the BS from the usual suspects present :lol:

Only joking - it's always good to shoot the Mopar breeze with the likes of Andy rrunner, Pete Webb, Neil (Challenger in the pics), Steve (green 69 'runner, not in the pics) and Big George .

Had a fascinating guided tour of some JC's current projects and of course John’s 'bird, nearing completion; just a few cosmetics to be done as you can see. Once warmed up, the engine runs as sweet as the proverbial, and having a Six Barrel stock rebuild and Accurate Exhaust, it gives a good idea of how these cars must have sounded 'back in the day' 8-)

And great to see Andy's GTX. Might not be a 300H but it's a nice sound car that hasn't been messed with. Yet. :lol:

Good of Mark to let us use his R/T SE as a tea table, while it’s waiting there for some final prep before some colour gets added

65 RHD Alfa Spider

De Tomaso Pantera, with a few rust issues…. (understatement of the century)

Factory-original wheel arch knife-and-forked roughly to clear the tyres. Rivet holes ready to refit original fibreglass arch extensions.

69 Super Bee, also with a few rust issues. Proof that you shouldn’t leave a car sitting in a field for years before deciding to sell it anyway…

67 Chevelle….

hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Good pics , that super bee's got some rot !!! Nice to see a post version of one, I know the super bird will get centre caps and trims rings but for me the plain rallye's really suit it.
Green68

Post by Green68 »

Glad to see the Superbird engine & bay done correct. Great pics
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Green68 wrote:Glad to see the Superbird engine & bay done correct. Great pics
Why would you expect any thing different from JC
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Green68

Post by Green68 »

I wouldn't. Just nice to see correct engine bay, very few in this country done100% stock/correct.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Nice to see John's bird coming together! I can't wait to see it.
68Roadrunner

sat at jc

Post by 68Roadrunner »

That superbird sure is one hell of a top quality mopar. hats of to john. I rekon you better get them trophies ready jim. it surely doesn't get any better than this. Richard. :)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Great pics as always and what a line up! Any of the shows Ive seen on TV would be proud to have those cars lined up outside :shock: :shock: :shock: =P~ =P~ =P~
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

Thanks John for the tea and the guided tour of your projects. Most of which are truly scary, and should probably be weighed in, but for some reason we decide it's worth investing thousands on them.
Good job an 'all else there would be none left.

You're really lucky to be able to use your skills on such a rewarding job / hobby.
Sure beats sitting in front of a computer most of the day...
The 'bird is a credit to you and your team (Andy).
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Stu Twin wrote:Thanks John for the tea and the guided tour of your projects. Most of which are truly scary, and should probably be weighed in, but for some reason we decide it's worth investing thousands on them.
Good job an 'all else there would be none left.

You're really lucky to be able to use your skills on such a rewarding job / hobby.
Sure beats sitting in front of a computer most of the day...
The 'bird is a credit to you and your team (Andy).

Ditto to all that :thumbright:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Making another trip down to JC's in the morning to take some weatherstrip for the vent window (quarterlight) and rear quarter glass so that can be fitted while the doors are off / dis-assembled.

I mention this mainly as a big :thumbright: to the vendor in the States that supplied these parts - Joe Suchy Mopar Parts and UPS who shipped them.

I could have gone the cheaper USPS and Parcel Force route but from previous experience, didn't fancy waiting a week or so while Parcel Farce held onto my parcel at 3 different depots then hold me to ransom while I pay the import & handling charges before they finally arrange delivery about a week after it lands in the UK :roll:

Sure the UPS method cost more but Joe got the parcel collected on Weds in Georgia and it arrived at my front door Friday lunchtime. Job done :thumbright:

Yes I had to pay UPS about £40 for the import & handling charges but i'd rather pay it to them than Parcel Farce :)
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Another trip to JC's on Saturday to collect the Polara, now with closing doors! What luxury, not having to slam them shut!

In the end, it was more the latches than the hinges. In fact the hinges were left alone (not bad for 53 years wear and tear) as they managed to get the doors to shut flush & easily by fixing the latch mechanisms and ‘massaging’ the bodywork that the various door seals mount to.

John and his guys also fitted the new window trim that we ordered to stop them rattling around, where the old trim was worn / missing.

Not much to show for 2 days work and such a satisfying result, so I didn’t bother taking any photos of the work done. You’ll have to make do with these from the other cars there…..

Great to see Andy rrunner's GTX coming along, and see JC's 'bird up close now it's just about finished... 8-)

spotless '89 M635, 15k miles =P~

Mark waits patiently for his car to be finished....

morgan

Post by morgan »

Aw, you SURE the actual owner wants that 'christine' ? I REALLY fancy that one. If they get bored or run out of love for it, bagsy first !
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

That looks like a fun place to hang out, thanks for the pics :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: