Another girl, another Mopar .... and Ford

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Sandy

Another girl, another Mopar .... and Ford

Post by Sandy »

I have been hunting around my computer.

Apologies if these bore the old forumers who remember them but some are fun and have brought back great memories:-

Dodge This, Cat That

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Whereas Linda drives, I seem to have mastered the art of nonchalantly leaning against Fords:-

Dodge This, Cat That

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

And the garage has seen some changes over the years:-

Last edited by Sandy on Thu Aug 11, 16 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodge This, Cat That

Jim

Post by Jim »

Hi Sandy, Nice photos bring back memories. It's been a while.
You've just missed a good Mopar Nats a couple of weeks ago. I see your Regal T for sale looking very nice.

It's good to hear from you.... Are you back with us?
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Hi Jim,

Yes, back again. Been quiet for a few years. Just lost the old car mojo and went back to building r/c model boats. Linda had the Monaco in Lancaster for a while but it is better garaged here in Glasgow and the Buick has had a couple of the past few years never turning a wheel....

:?

Glad to hear the Nats went well. I work some weekends now and the Nats weekend was one so we didn't come. But we would like to come again. Next year, unfortunately, it clashes once more with the War and Peace show but a lot can happen in a year.

All the best
Dodge This, Cat That

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

There are a couple that missed garage shots for some reason:-

The ex-VSP 9C1 Caprice shows up on good old 2012 Google Earth picture parked alongside the garage on the patio, with a Mondeo estate, old Range Rover, and 1970 Challenger in the drive and a Honda and Buick in the garage. More cars on my drive than the rest of the street. Changed days now where the place is a car park.

All the best
Last edited by Sandy on Thu Aug 11, 16 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodge This, Cat That

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

And just in case anyone is interested I still keep my old website running but I have no means of updating or changing it anymore. Not sure why I keep it going but I did a lot of work on it, got lots of help and advice to make it as accurate as possible and I am still quite proud of it.

http://www.aus-ford-uk.co.uk/index.html
Dodge This, Cat That

Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Great pics and History! :thumbright: 8-)

I remember the gold/bronze 4 door being up for sale on hear around 5-6 years ago.

I so wanted it but couldn't get the money together.........Any idea what's happened to the cars you've sold on Sandy?

Still here or sold abroad?
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
morgan

Post by morgan »

NSX. lovely ! GTO lovely ! toys toys toys.... :)
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Hmm.

The XB GT351 I sold when I lived in Wales.... 1984 or so.

The 72 Gran Torino Sport sold up here but then rusted away. A shame as it was a Q-code car and was an export build for the UK and spent all its life here. Bought it from John Mimmack in Blackpool. I had the GTS and the GS at the same time. Sold it in 87 as it never came to this house.

The 1970 Buick GS455 I sold to a guy down south who brought a 57 Chevy up and left it in my drive for the new owner to collect and then it promptly failed to start and blocked my drive for a couple of weeks. Last I heard (mid 90s) Castleford were selling it and lost my photo album full of all the pics of the work Dave and I did on it.... sponsored by sainsbury's diet coke no less, or so you would have thought as cans appeared in almost every photo.

The GN I sold to a Swedish guy who I think crashed it and did frame damage up front. It was repaired, came back to Scotland then ended up with Chris, the son of the chap I bought it from in 1990. He thinks it may be in Finland...

The 1969 Fairlane Cobra was bought by Tony Tyreman from the board. It then went to someone else as I saw it at a Nats back in 2010 or so, and is now in someone's collection as it is, by all accounts, rare... 428CJ notchback.

The XA Falcon I sold to Wayne and he sold it on. It was the 1973 Ford racing colours as raced and won at Bathurst in 1973 but the last time it was on ebay it was ... gasp, and surprise, surprise.... black.

The 69 Satellite I bought from Dave B. Fast car, but.. it had been a six cyylinder three speed manual car and 10inch manual drums and manual steering made a 450 hp 440 car a bit scarey to drive. In fact Linda scared both me and Dave B badly during the test drive by flooring it on a narrow, bumpy, bendy road....

The white TR is for sale at this very moment.

The maroon 67 LeMans was bought because it had a 455 Buick engine in it and I wanted the engine for the GS and a friend wanted the body to make a GTO, but things fell through and it got scrapped and I rebuilt the engine and fitted it in the GS.

The '96 9C1 ex Virgina State Police Chevy Caprice went to Sweden. A very nice lady flew over with her family and drove it to the Hull-Gothenberg ferry back in 2004 or so. It is the fastest car I have ever had and the fastest I have ever driven a car. They were sold as 155mph pursuit cars and I can confirm that even with 100,000 on the clock it reached *46mph at night on the M74 with the spotlight on ... according to the certified speedo.

Linda had the NSX for ten years or so and sold it back in 2013. Astonishing car. Every bit as good as it's reputation. When you hit 6000rpm or so and the VVtec cut in it howled like an F1 car and you felt you were being fired at the horizon by an enormous elastic band.

Whereas Dave R and Linda's Challenger was a typical big block musclecar... a real anytime, anywhere, more torque than I know what to do with bruiser. I never ever drove it or indeed apart from fixing a neutral start issue sat in the driver's seat. It wasn't my car. Dave bought Linda out and I think it was sold abroad.

I remember Linda drove it to Billing one year and I took the Mondeo with all the camping gear. On the way back on the M6 she was in front and Ben and a colleague from Classic American came up on the outside lane in the magazine's give-away Corvette and saw the Challenger (you couldn't really miss it) and slowed down for a look. Must have spotted the girly-wirly blonde driving and then went to accelerate past. There was a bellow, four puffs of black smoke, the rear bumper dropped about a foot and the Chally took off like the Millenium Falcon ... bye bye Vette.
Dodge This, Cat That

Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

:thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
XP29

Post by XP29 »

Hi. Cool photos/cars :)
1966 Charger, 383 4bbl, 4 speed manual trans, Sure-grip, original paint.
CLPete

Post by CLPete »

Sandy wrote:Whereas Linda drives, I seem to have mastered the art of nonchalantly leaning against Fords:-

Image ...
I don't think this one is alive anymore.

1968 VE Valiant VIP (on road)
1972 CH Chrysler by Chrysler ("project")
1969 VF Valiant VIP (best called "spares")
Steve

Post by Steve »

Fantastic pic and thank you for sharing. No surprise that the Monaco Wagon is my favourite =P~ =P~ =P~

:thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Blue

Post by Blue »

Welcome back Sandy, long time since I last spoke to you and Linda! There's a bit of a story to go with Monaco wagon Steve, I'll let Sandy tell it.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”