Importing a Car from the USA

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

MarkH

Importing a Car from the USA

Post by MarkH »

Gentlemen, some advice please
I am looking to buy something from the States and would appreciate some feedback. Can any members recommend a dealer who they have bought fro where the cars have been exactly as described. I am looking for a B bodied hemi and would appreciate some pointers on where to start
Many Thanks
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

My wife and I bought our car from Dave Madders.
There's quite a few folk in the club who have had cars from Dave over the years. I think it'd be fair to say he has a good reputation for tracking down and bringing in some very impressive cars.

There is a black hemi road runner in this country advertised on car and classic at the moment. It isn't a factory Hemi model, though.
-Jon.
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

My car came through Dave Madders and is exactly as the description and pictures. No problems at all.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
BJ Mac

Post by BJ Mac »

I'd recommend Dave Madders as well, bought 2 cars from him so far. Both exactly as described and plenty of pictures as well. :thumbright:
71 Dodge Dart
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

Never bought a car from Dave ,but his reputation in this line can only be described as impeccable, although have come close to it , his cars are as described warts an all.
Saying that I have just brought over from a company called World Wide Vintage Autos in Denver, a 1958 Impala Sports Coupe, and was just as described and a good price too...........eventually !!!They have a good website and good eclectic mix of cars , really good detailed photos and plenty of them too, and they were great with me and worked well with Hill Shipping , my chosen shipper.
My advise is, if possible ,buy from a reputable dealer and if possible one in the UK, and NEVER NEVER buy a car from America that does not have a clear title however cheap it looks !!!!!!
Yours
GUY :thumbright:
Jim

Post by Jim »

Well, I am also very happy to recommend Dave Madders. - And it would be great to see another B Body Hemi car arrive in the UK!