Barratt Jackson auction on live on Discovery Turbo

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Jim

Barratt Jackson auction on live on Discovery Turbo

Post by Jim »

Every night live ... on now and 5 hours Friday and highlights on Sunday... excellent stuff, I'm watching it right now.
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Seen anything that takes your fancy Jim?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Not yet!
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

I watched it last night, the prices were all over the place. I don't see how an E Type sold for $52,000 followed by a Fiat Jolly which sold for $80,000 & a 68 Hemi Road Runner sold for $73,000.

Prior to the above a real deal 68 Hemi Superbee sold for $68,000. Early Corvettes, inc modified were making good money, as were any of the Tri Fives.

One Mustang think it was a Boss or similar sold for $120,000 then an almost identical one sold later for $80, something...

Was really hard to gauge the market last night, some great deals to be had & some paid way over the top...

Enjoyable though :D
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Didnt know this was on tv over here , thanks for the info.
Cuda Commando

Post by Cuda Commando »

Biggest shock last night to me was the 21 window ( ? ) VW that went for a mind blowing $275,000
XP29

Post by XP29 »

Cuda Commando wrote:Biggest shock last night to me was the 21 window ( ? ) VW that went for a mind blowing $275,000
To be a 21 window that's a later bus, so not even a barndoor!
1966 Charger, 383 4bbl, 4 speed manual trans, Sure-grip, original paint.
Cuda Commando

Post by Cuda Commando »

XP29 wrote:
Cuda Commando wrote:Biggest shock last night to me was the 21 window ( ? ) VW that went for a mind blowing $275,000
Dont understand your post.Im no vw fan or expert but for full details of the vehicle check out Barrett Jackson web site.Open results page then type 1315 in the Lot search box.Full details of vehicle and price are there.With buyers premium added,total cost to buyer was $302500.
XP29

Post by XP29 »

Cuda Commando wrote:
XP29 wrote:
Dont understand your post.Im no vw fan or expert but for full details of the vehicle check out Barrett Jackson web site.Open results page then type 1315 in the Lot search box.Full details of vehicle and price are there.With buyers premium added,total cost to buyer was $302500.
The barndoor vans/buses ran from '49 to '55. They get the name from the large engine lid. The "Samba" bus of this time had 23 windows. These vans were all made in the Wolfsburg factory alongside the Beetle. In '55 production moved to the Hanover factory, they had subtle changes, one was the engine lid was smaller, but the Samba still had 23 windows till '64 when the rear hatch was made bigger. This meant the two corner windows were dropped, hence they were 21 windows from '64 till '67.

Barndoor vans fetch the biggest premium as they are very rare, the 21 window is the newer end of the T1 van, and as nice as it looks from the pics. $300k is ridiculous for a VW bus!
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

That bus was being sold by and was restored Dave Kindig, from Discovery's 'Bitchin Rides'.

The resto/build was shown on tonight's episode. It certainly had the best of everything but $275k.....? Yikes.

And it wasn't even originally a 21 window.... :?
Cuda Commando

Post by Cuda Commando »

More enlightened now XP29 :thumbright: Couldnt believe the price that one reached.Watched the live feed for about 3 hours in six half hourish sessions.For the price paid for the VW you could have bought at least three very tidy muscle cars from what I saw go through.
XP29

Post by XP29 »

RobTwin wrote:That bus was being sold by and was restored Dave Kindig, from Discovery's 'Bitchin Rides'.

The resto/build was shown on tonight's episode. It certainly had the best of everything but $275k.....? Yikes.

And it wasn't even originally a 21 window.... :?
Never seen the episode. What was it to start with, an 11 window?
XP29

Post by XP29 »

Cuda Commando wrote:More enlightened now XP29 :thumbright: Couldnt believe the price that one reached.Watched the live feed for about 3 hours in six half hourish sessions.For the price paid for the VW you could have bought at least three very tidy muscle cars from what I saw go through.
The one that sold at Barret was silly money, but the vans have been rising in price for a few years now. All T1's are expensive, T2's are not that far behind, T3's are not too bad, and the Westfalia's are the best camper conversion. This in turn has made the T4/5's the common van you see around a lot. Draped in tat with a "one life, live it" sticker on each side.
XP29

Post by XP29 »

You can have a '54 11 bus for a mere £50k!

http://ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=114951
XP29

Post by XP29 »

This looks like a better buy than the Barret bus for a fair chunk less. Randy the advertiser know his stuff regards VW's

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds ... id=1970772