Insurance disappointment

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Dartfan

Insurance disappointment

Post by Dartfan »

Just tried Brentacre to get Jake insured as a named driver on our 63 Dart, Flag jumper, no go because of his age (19). Any MMA members got any experience or recommendations for young un's in this situation? I'm currently with RH but they won't take him on either.
The poor lad is gutted, he gets to drive it at the strip but can't go out on the highway.
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

Yep, his age will be a problem, its not a reflection of Brentacre or RH

I seem to recall my mate had to wait till he was 21 before they would insure him.

Not the news you want to hear but you might just have to bite the bullet and wait till he's older
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
Dartfan

Post by Dartfan »

Dart Vader wrote:Yep, his age will be a problem, its not a reflection of Brentacre or RH

I seem to recall my mate had to wait till he was 21 before they would insure him.

Not the news you want to hear but you might just have to bite the bullet and wait till he's older
I fear you are correct, understandable really but disappointing for him non the less
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Most insurers look at 25 before they will cover these days. My first yank,1982,I was 19 cost me £300 for cover with prudential.How it's all changed.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
GJUK

Post by GJUK »

At 19 it won't be cheap but as a named driver it should be possible.
You might be worth looking at the NSRA website, they work with classicline who might be of use?

My insurance providers on classic cars Admiral, A-Plan, classicline.

I also phoned Brentacre for my cars (moving 3 over to them all sub 1000 mile use) and they wanted a ridiculous amount.

Maybe consider a more mainstream insurer, who will cover your dailys and the classic on a multicar policy, adding your son to this will be at a lower risk?

Don't forget an agreed valuation (seen that blue mopar upside down recently shows it does happen :-/)
Dartfan

Post by Dartfan »

GJUK wrote:At 19 it won't be cheap but as a named driver it should be possible.
You might be worth looking at the NSRA website, they work with classicline who might be of use?

I also phoned Brentacre for my cars (moving 3 over to them all sub 1000 mile use) and they wanted a ridiculous amount.

Maybe consider a more mainstream insurer, who will cover your dailys and the classic on a multicar policy, adding your son to this will be at a lower risk?

Don't forget an agreed valuation (seen that blue mopar upside down recently shows it does happen :-/)
I'm an NSRA member as is Jake, we previously tried classicline and today I called A Plan, both non starters, both said they could consider him at 21.

I know what you mean about a mainstream insurer, our other non standard car is a 105e, thats on our multicar with Aviva, I got Jake on as a named driver at 18. I'll give em a call.
ChrisN34

Post by ChrisN34 »

im 22, but got my duster last year, most places wouldnt even touch me even at 21. I Went with Adrian Flux in the end, but they might be 21 and up too. Going with Brentacre with this year though as flux wasnt cheap. 800 a year for 3k miles
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Dartfan wrote:
GJUK wrote:At 19 it won't be cheap but as a named driver it should be possible.

I'm an NSRA member as is Jake, we previously tried classicline and today I called A Plan, both non starters, both said they could consider him at 21.

I know what you mean about a mainstream insurer, our other non standard car is a 105e, thats on our multicar with Aviva, I got Jake on as a named driver at 18. I'll give em a call.
I tried to get my daughter insured on the Ford Pinto we have, neither of the racecars. but our bone stock minter 2.0 ohc auto car not enough power to pull my foreskin back in a blizzard but no chance she was 25 they have moved the goal post to 30, but she could insure and drive my SS for 2k its crazy,,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Ever thought,like I have that it may be a government inspired idea to push classics off the road by deterring young enthusiasts?
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Dartfan

Post by Dartfan »

latil wrote:Ever thought,like I have that it may be a government inspired idea to push classics off the road by deterring young enthusiasts?
Makes you wonder...I love a conspirecy theory.
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

Dartfan wrote:
latil wrote:Ever thought,like I have that it may be a government inspired idea to push classics off the road by deterring young enthusiasts?
Makes you wonder...I love a conspirecy theory.
Maybe , here in the states he would be able to get insurance,but it would cost alot more than someone over 25,they dont give a break until you are 25 years old here,but you can get insurance,amazing they wont insure the kid,kinda sucks .
Plumcrazy

Post by Plumcrazy »

I am insured with Brentacre with my Plymouth I was 20 when I took my policy out, they need at least 1years no claims for under 21s. I'm 21 now and also have my mustang insured with them. They are the only company that would insure me due to my age
"I don't believe it. it's that s*itbox Dodge again"
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I doubt it.... I got Joe a Barracuda when he was 18... Got him insured with the NSRA young drivers scheme. They had to scrap it as too many were making stupid claims. Spoilt it for everyone!
I am keeping this Mopar....... SOLD!
MattH

Post by MattH »

Brentacre said they would look at Jack (17) once he was 21, or once he had some no claims. That was for a Land Rover Ambulance.

Adrian Flux WILL insure him at 17 once he has a full licence for about £1300 for 1500 miles a year. So it can be done but not cheaply!
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car