rossk

New Demon Link

Post by rossk »

I do like the look of this!

english68

Post by english68 »

OMG

Have you read all the detail stuff?

Only 808hp unless you go for the "Demon Crate" option - literally a crate full of goodies!

You can't say these guys don't know their market.

I want one.

Can't have one, but I want one.
rossk

Post by rossk »

It's some machine, I cant find any info on the price though? I reckon $80,000?
Blue

Post by Blue »

Nearer 100k I've read, way out of reach of the average enthusiast.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Charger

Post by Charger »

840 horsepower
770 pound-feet of torque
It has one of the most powerful V-8 engines ever produced
Pulls 1.8 g in acceleration
Runs the quarter mile in 9.65 seconds at 140 mph, and that was certified by the NHRA
It's so fast, the NHRA banned the damn thing
It pulls a wheelie, stock, lifting the front wheels off the ground for 2.92 feet as certified by Guinness World Records
0-30 mph in 1.0 second
0-60 mph in 2.3 seconds

:thumbright:
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
Charger

Post by Charger »

Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
english68

Post by english68 »

Looks fab in the red with matt black hood/roof/boot too.

According to a friend who has been working with them, they are noticeably faster than the Hellcats but very noisy inside... A fair price to pay.
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

I have heard 92.6 k on retail, but who is getting those cars with onl;y 3300 made, not to many people will get one,not that I can afford it or really need it, I want one, but wtf are ya gonna do with it? besides scare everyone in the neighborhood ,and win every street race,and I would loose my license ,so it would be nice, but,I would get in trouble real fast ;)
Casper

Post by Casper »

Great car BUT my favourite part of it is that Dodge decided to build it.

Too few manufacturers are willing to build anything outside the ordinary. You could argue that they knew they'd sell the 3,000 easily but I still say hats off too them for doing something outside the norm. :thumbright:
rossk

Post by rossk »

Think I may need to buy a lottery ticket, only chance I'd have of ever getting one 😞
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Casper wrote:Great car BUT my favourite part of it is that Dodge decided to build it.

Too few manufacturers are willing to build anything outside the ordinary. You could argue that they knew they'd sell the 3,000 easily but I still say hats off too them for doing something outside the norm. :thumbright:
Yep. My thoughts exactly! :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

I'm impressed.......

But if i'm being totally honest id still rather have a Hellcat and the cash in my back pocket. IMO its a better overall package. :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Lets see if Ford/Chevrolet can respond to what is the toughest musclecar in 45 years,dont want one,but impressed Dodge have bulit it :thumbright:
TW71

Post by TW71 »

Dodge's reply to GM / Hennessey :shock: :shock:

when will you be turbo charging Dave?!

whats next?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/04/pla ... st-camaro/
Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Thanks to Karen for putting on Facebook...here's Carthrottle's piece:

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is so fast that a major American motoring media outlet is actually calling for it to be banned. Automotive News has written a stinging editorial calling the Demon, which has already been banned from competition for being too fast, ‘inherently dangerous to the common safety of motorists.’ Describing it as a purpose-built drag racer (which it isn’t, because it’s banned, remember), Automotive News cites ‘barely legal slick tyres’ and ‘monstrous acceleration’ as what it calls examples of Dodge’s pursuit of bragging rights ahead of public safety considerations. We can only assume that the guys at AN have got their cardigans on a little too tight. What’s more, AN undermines its own argument by saying there are more powerful, faster vehicles from other makers that are ‘rightly’ street-legal. But the magazine goes further than that by accusing Dodge of ‘knowingly placing motorists in danger.’ That one seems like a step too far, to us. It’s not exactly like the unskilled or enfeebled will be forced to drive one, will it?
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/automo ... medium=rss
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen