Moderator: Moderators

gmopar59

Re: A tall tale?

Post by gmopar59 »

Amazing
Adam

Post by Adam »

What an incredible find! Thanks for sharing Blue. It would be fascinating to know the rest of the story. Perhaps a US service man brought it over in the 70's?
Blue

Post by Blue »

That's my theory Adam, could have rented storage space and for whatever reason never went back, we may never know.

Morgan, they called someone with a recovery truck that "knew about old cars" to get the thing out of thier way. I believe he offered a bit more cash on the spot than they expected which raised thier suspicians. They googled it and saw the auction prices of hemi convertibles and thought they were sitting on millions. And that's when all the fun and games started as you can imagine....
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Wow! What a find, great story and like everyone else would love to know the whole story of how it came to be there and never surfaced. I agree it would have been best to get it running and otherwise stay as it was found. That could even happen - is it going to be sold as it is? Survivors get more respect these days!
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Blue

Post by Blue »

Being sold as is, they want top money and it would be a cheap resto so I'm pretty sure that's the way it will go. Unless of course someone comes out of the woodwork and identifies it as being previously owned by a big name East coast street racer, now wouldn't that be a thing...
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Amazing story, thanks for sharing. Wonder if there are anymore barns with "crap" in them for sale?
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

What a great story....there out there, its just finding them...And this one looks in great Condition....considering how long its been stored away.
At my Worst,I'm at my Best ......
SAV@RPM

Post by SAV@RPM »

Fascinating story Blue and an amazing find. It’s a real shame that things often turn ugly when money is involved. I know of a couple of cars over here that the owners are convinced are worth a fortune and are now just gathering dust. Thanks for posting.
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Amazing really........still find it amazing that with intetnet these days, people dont have a quick search on what they have.

Imagine if Mr Recovery truck had low balled em and they had accepted...... :pale:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Steve

Post by Steve »

This is some story!!! Only bit that concerns me is the 'trying to start' bit. Now I know nothing about building engines etc but I really do hope that whoever tried did know what they were doing. Could be a 5 figure mistake if they didn't!!! :shock: :shock:

Im with the masses on this and agree with Duncan, needs to stay as is and if its a race car at heart then give it a clean, check its history etc and get it on the circuit wherever it ends up. Even doing gentle passes at the track to preserve it would be a great window into the past for visitors to the track etc. Like Dunc says, it will probably be restored to better than new and end up in Mr Jacksons desert garage.

All credit to you Blue. A very good sum up of the facts and amazing integrity on your part as always.

Thanks for telling the story men. Im guessing there aren't many 'Hemi in the barn' stories left!

Cheers Steve :thumbright: :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

So Blue you have been connected to it for sometime now, is it still owned by the guy who cleared the shed out ???? and what figure is he expecting for it, an auction is a gamble what real amount of money will own it ???
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Blue

Post by Blue »

PM'd ya Dunc...
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Was it on my door step Blue ?
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Blue

Post by Blue »

Billericay...
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Blue wrote: Fri Dec 21, 18 10:05 pmBillericay...
Not far at all :shock:
Crazy.......
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013