Korum motors Plymouth valiant

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Plumcrazy

Korum motors Plymouth valiant

Post by Plumcrazy »

Hello does anyone know what happened to this car? Went to look at this car circa 03/04 when it was forsale in custom car mag I remember Seeing it a few years later around 2010/11 but havant seen it since, is it still about? Seem to remember it having some interesting history
Attachments
5B935284-AB4C-4BF0-A400-C5A5F6EB7BA2.jpeg
5B935284-AB4C-4BF0-A400-C5A5F6EB7BA2.jpeg (27.95 KiB) Viewed 3616 times
"I don't believe it. it's that s*itbox Dodge again"
Blue

Re: Korum motors Plymouth valiant

Post by Blue »

Well this is bizarre, not half an hour ago I was sorting out some parts from this car! After racing the car for a few years Jon broke it, there was no interest when he tried to sell what was a very gutted shell. I Bought a fair bit of it, the fibreglass bumpers, bonnet and bootlid are all on my Valiant. The rest got cut up for scrap. One of the 408 engines he ran in it formed the basis of the engine I now have in my car. I was looking to see if I had all the front panel, Grilles and lights from it with the intention of assembling it to create a wall hanging. Its all there so that's a job for the next couple of weeks. It's a shame it's no more, I was aware of its history (it might still be on Moparts), I knew the guy that first brought it in and I used to see a fair bit of Jon although he dropped off the radar a few years ago.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Plumcrazy

Post by Plumcrazy »

Blue wrote: Sun May 31, 20 4:36 pm Well this is bizarre, not half an hour ago I was sorting out some parts from this car! After racing the car for a few years Jon broke it, there was no interest when he tried to sell what was a very gutted shell. I Bought a fair bit of it, the fibreglass bumpers, bonnet and bootlid are all on my Valiant. The rest got cut up for scrap. One of the 408 engines he ran in it formed the basis of the engine I now have in my car. I was looking to see if I had all the front panel, Grilles and lights from it with the intention of assembling it to create a wall hanging. Its all there so that's a job for the next couple of weeks. It's a shame it's no more, I was aware of its history (it might still be on Moparts), I knew the guy that first brought it in and I used to see a fair bit of Jon although he dropped off the radar a few years ago.
That’s a shame to hear the car is no more! I remember when we went to look at it the guy who owned it was quite ill at the the time in 2003ish, I don’t think it had been over here very long at that point, good to hear some of the parts lived on! It’s a shame it got cut up tho! Il have a look on moparts for some more history! I remember hearing it was the Carl burger Chrysler dealership race car?
Blue

Post by Blue »

I can't remember the exact details but the info and photos are here,http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/ ... /Sean.html
Steve Broomfield brought the car in, he lived in Chingford and unfortunately I don't think he got to do much with it before he died. It was sat on his drive the first time I ever saw it.
Plumcrazy

Post by Plumcrazy »

Blue wrote: Mon Jun 01, 20 9:01 am I can't remember the exact details but the info and photos are here,http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/ ... /Sean.html
Steve Broomfield brought the car in, he lived in Chingford and unfortunately I don't think he got to do much with it before he died. It was sat on his drive the first time I ever saw it.
Thanks for sharing that link! I’ve definitely never seen them pics before, Steve must have been the fella who owned it when we looked, it was on the drive next to a camper when we looked! Cool old car and a shame it’s no more👍🏼
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

If you remember Blue Jon used to have that carl burger Dodge as his user name now I know why,, shame that's gone, it would make a great superstocker
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Blue

Post by Blue »

Yes Dunc he did, I'd forgotten that.
Blue

Post by Blue »

There it is, will sort out the headlights and get them working in due course.
Attachments
IMG_0797.jpeg
IMG_0797.jpeg (56.25 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
Plumcrazy

Post by Plumcrazy »

Blue wrote: Wed Jul 01, 20 12:21 pm There it is, will sort out the headlights and get them working in due course.
Looks good! Glad to see some of it lives on!👍🏼😊