Thinking of selling...need some advice

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Mark B

Re: Thinking of selling...need some advice

Post by Mark B »

The market is going through a transition at the moment, lots of high prices, but I don't think things are selling. I've seen a few Mopar prices coming down by 20% and still no takers. Could be summer holidays or maybe a correction has started. Cost and living and all.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

If its priced sensibly it will sell, but I think the next 12 months is going to be difficult for a lot of people.

Toys and weekend fun cars may possibly be making way to keep the more important things financed, so the pool of buyers will be smaller than a year ago.

I'd think its worth 12 to 15k in today's market. If you go into high teens you start touching some of the B Body car values.
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Personally, I’d get it up now if you are seriously considering. Sunny weather is the right time as a seller. At the end of the season (particularly with the current economy) there will be more for sale and that means more choice for the buyer. Just my thoughts.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
ChrisN34

Post by ChrisN34 »

Hi All, not been around much in the past year, so i guess its my yearly post of "thinking of selling" haha

Any ideas what the market is like at the moment? Got the car out and took it for a quick spin down the road for the first time in a few years today. Still love the car but its looking more and more likely that i'll sell it sooner rather than later.

How is the post-covid/cost of living crisis market looking? With this nice weather i can get it up for sale fairly quickly, but im hoping its better than low-to-mid teens like it was last year.

Cheers all!