1967 Barracuda Rag Top. RHD.

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Blue

Re: 1967 Barracuda Rag Top. RHD.

Post by Blue »

Disc brakes, anti roll bar, torsion bars, rear axle and springs are the only parts Common with the Fomula S cars. Apart from the engine & transmission, the Formula S package also included faster ratio steering, rallye dash and higher trim level, larger radiator and viscous fan package and no doubt a few other bits I've forgotten. The thinking was European buyers would expect better handling and brakes than the average American buyer. Tony O told me the RHD cars became very expensive by the time they were sitting on Warwick Wrights forecourt, much the same as a new Aston Martin at the time.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Blue wrote: Mon Jun 22, 20 5:22 pm Disc brakes, anti roll bar, torsion bars, rear axle and springs are the only parts Common with the Fomula S cars. Apart from the engine & transmission, the Formula S package also included faster ratio steering, rallye dash and higher trim level, larger radiator and viscous fan package and no doubt a few other bits I've forgotten. The thinking was European buyers would expect better handling and brakes than the average American buyer. Tony O told me the RHD cars became very expensive by the time they were sitting on Warwick Wrights forecourt, much the same as a new Aston Martin at the time.
Ah ok cool. Cheers. :salute:
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Anyone registered a car that does not have the V5? All Ive got is the Vin number.

Blue

Post by Blue »

Tony O is probably aware of your car, it's possible he might know the reg no. which would save a lot of hassle.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Blue wrote: Wed Jun 24, 20 8:26 am Tony O is probably aware of your car, it's possible he might know the reg no. which would save a lot of hassle.
That is the best start point then just apply for log book. Could there be old photos of it at events showing the reg number?

If none of the above work then it will be a case of writing to DVLA with the VIN number and start a process with them.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Cheers guys. I'll message Tony first. :)

Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

you would probably get away with a VE VF VG dash case and binnacle that would get a RHD dash in that fits

barracuda dash think thats a 1968

VF valiant dash

should fit
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
terryr

Post by terryr »

I have a dash frame,no glove box door,it's been outside ,so I'd say the clocks are kaput,it's had holes drilled ,give me £30 ,no pad either,I sold that a long time ago,you could put some aftermarket clocks in ,,it's a start at least,sorry about pic ,it up in the roof of my garage
Attachments
IMAG2219.jpg
IMAG2219.jpg (77.45 KiB) Viewed 2870 times
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

terryr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 20 6:11 pm I have a dash frame,no glove box door,it's been outside ,so I'd say the clocks are kaput,it's had holes drilled ,give me £30 ,no pad either,I sold that a long time ago,you could put some aftermarket clocks in ,,it's a start at least,sorry about pic ,it up in the roof of my garage
Ohhh nice! I may well take you up on that offer. :) Ive been offered one from another member, it might be in better shape, lets see how that goes. :)

Thanks again.

Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Blue wrote: Wed Jun 24, 20 8:26 am Tony O is probably aware of your car, it's possible he might know the reg no. which would save a lot of hassle.
You're right! Tony has all the info on it! He knew the vin and the reg and the full fender tag info. Amazing and very helpful. Im applying for the log book today, its all printed out and filled in now. :)

On a FB barn finds forum there is one, maybe two Fastback Barracudas getting pulled out of a field/yard and sent for scrap. :( Im in contact with the guy who posted them up but its not looking promising.

Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Dave999 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 20 2:04 pm you would probably get away with a VE VF VG dash case and binnacle that would get a RHD dash in that fits

barracuda dash think thats a 1968

VF valiant dash

should fit
Cheers Dave! Good info there, good to have some options. :)

Blue

Post by Blue »

Locating a rusty RHD car would give you the vast majority of the parts you need, and they are out there. And if said car was a fastback there Are parts that you couldn’t use but I could....,
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Blue wrote: Fri Jun 26, 20 5:33 pm Locating a rusty RHD car would give you the vast majority of the parts you need, and they are out there. And if said car was a fastback there Are parts that you couldn’t use but I could....,
I'll keep an eye out. :)

Managed to track down some pictures off of the internet with the help of some guys on an American site. Hopefully I can track down the previous owner and locate some of the bits if they still exist.
Attachments
ebay_151715452666_3.jpg
ebay_151715452666_3.jpg (70.6 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
ebay_151715452666_4.jpg
ebay_151715452666_4.jpg (81.08 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
ebay_151715452666_5.jpg
ebay_151715452666_5.jpg (57.49 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
ebay_151715452666_11.jpg
ebay_151715452666_11.jpg (71.65 KiB) Viewed 2760 times

Blue

Post by Blue »

It's possible whoever stripped it for paint still has all the parts if you can find out who they are. I wonder if they are still assuming the body shop is still cracking on with it :D
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Blue wrote: Mon Jul 06, 20 3:26 pm It's possible whoever stripped it for paint still has all the parts if you can find out who they are. I wonder if they are still assuming the body shop is still cracking on with it :D
That is a concern. :shock: Im waiting on the number from the Garage that was doing the work, hopefully get it this week.