Change of pipes

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Gas for GOSH

Change of pipes

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Haven't posted anything for ages so here are some pics of the cat back exhaust change on the Charger a while back. I did some research on the difference between Magnaflow and Flowmaster, there was only one Magnaflow option for my car but loads of Flowmaster ones. It's not easy to tell from listening to a video on the internet but I had Magnaflow on the Mustang I used to own and it had a real nice burble around 2-3000 revs. Others may disagree but to me it seemed if you wanted better noise go Flowmaster, if you wanted a little more performance go Magnaflow. For my car the Magnaflow pipe is more straight through as I checked by shining a torch right up it. The other factor was drone...I drive the car every week on short and long trips and I did not fancy constant drone which the Flowmaster super series can produce. So I went Magnaflow - it has a more throaty sound under the hammer for sure. If anyone wants the old factory exhaust for a 2006 5.7 Charger it will be in the parts section.
Attachments
DSC_1058.JPG
DSC_1058.JPG (120.27 KiB) Viewed 459 times
DSC_1069.JPG
DSC_1069.JPG (129.45 KiB) Viewed 459 times
DSC_1076.JPG
DSC_1076.JPG (86.3 KiB) Viewed 459 times
DSC_1091.JPG
DSC_1091.JPG (139.67 KiB) Viewed 459 times
DSC_1096.JPG
DSC_1096.JPG (179.83 KiB) Viewed 459 times
DSC_1106.JPG
DSC_1106.JPG (85.38 KiB) Viewed 459 times
DSC_1108.JPG
DSC_1108.JPG (124.15 KiB) Viewed 459 times
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen
MattH

Re: Change of pipes

Post by MattH »

Looks nice, have you actually tried it out yet on a longer run?
Drone is very wearing after a few miles, something I need to eliminate on Mandie's truck, but it only has cherry bombs with side exits at the moment!
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Yes Matt had a long run past Bath and back the cabin noise is slightly up when cruising but still easy to talk ....my Mandy says I have selective hearing anyway! There was one decent review on you tube that had a decibel reading for all the different Magnaflow and Flowmaster options on the same car. One of the reasons I chose as I did. I also have an Airaid cold air intake to go on it....allegedly in combination the change of exhaust and air intake gives 40 hp and 5-10 more mpg on this engine.
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Gas for GOSH wrote: Thu Oct 29, 20 11:53 pm..allegedly in combination the change of exhaust and air intake gives 40 hp and 5-10 more mpg on this engine.
I bet there are not many times can you say, adding more power provided a cost saving... Sounds like a great investment :D :D
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."