Wheeler Dealers, '65 Coronet 500

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

Wheeler Dealers, '65 Coronet 500

Post by RobTwin »

Just started on Discovery.... should be interesting... :-k

Let the predictable slagging-off begin.... :argue: ;)
rogthedodge

Re: Wheeler Dealers, '65 Coronet 500

Post by rogthedodge »

lovely car .loved the colour.never mentioned the back axle ratio or the replacement hood till the costing at the end.
do it in a dodge
MattH

Post by MattH »

I caught the end of this, then watched the Toyota Land Cruiser one afterwards. Not bad TV really.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

MattH wrote: Tue Feb 09, 21 11:00 pm I caught the end of this, then watched the Toyota Land Cruiser one afterwards. Not bad TV really.
Thanks Matt, the voice of reason! I cant fathom the amount of abuse Mike Brewer and this show gets on Facebook and on here occasionally.
I thought they did an ok job on this car, making it more useable and saleable. Thankfully they didn't try to detune the engine.
It would have been nice to have know what spec the converter was that they removed and then replaced it with.
At least they decided to leave the 'patina' rather than respray the car red or yellow, thinking that would help it sell #-o
rogthedodge

Post by rogthedodge »

I think it deserved a paint job.it had all the trim, new interior,bodywork was in good order.the paint was just a bit faded in places.
do it in a dodge
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

I watched this this evening, yes no real complaints. I mean there were a couple of errors and I might have preferred a few things differently, but overall they did a good job.....and it's a TV programme about a Mopar muscle car!!!! Think of the alternatives - flippin masked singers, Ant and Dec :shock:
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

MrNorm wrote: Thu Feb 11, 21 8:45 pm I watched this this evening, yes no real complaints. I mean there were a couple of errors and I might have preferred a few things differently, but overall they did a good job.....and it's a TV programme about a Mopar muscle car!!!! Think of the alternatives - flippin masked singers, Ant and Dec :shock:
Exactly :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Haven't seen the Coronet one yet, but they were doing a 65 Barracuda on Quest last night. Started off as a resto-mod with a modern Hemi, but then they decided to turn it into a replica of the infamous Richard Petty drag car that killed an 8 year old boy :roll:
MattH

Post by MattH »

I did see a hot rod programme afterwards, Bad Chad or something. That was not so good, building something odd out of a Pinto with sheet steel and his hot rod had single stack headlights which just looked awful. Just my opinion.

Cold weather plus lock down means I'm actually watching bits of TV every now and then.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

MattH wrote: Fri Feb 12, 21 6:57 pm I did see a hot rod programme afterwards, Bad Chad or something.
Yes I saw one episode of that a couple of years ago...one was enough....
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

I cannot stand Mike Brewer. I guess he's quite a marmite personality?

Ed China on the other hand comes across as a genuine guy and Id really like to see him with hos own show and not £50 and a rattle can for a resto he was given on that show.
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!