Insurance

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Dave999

Insurance

Post by Dave999 »

After my Usual RH insurance quote came through at £256 and a total cost of £308 for an agreed value of 20K i was a little put out my charger costing only about £80 less then my daily... in which i do (did) 70 miles a day on the M25

After a lot of legwork... i.e phoning people not MeerKats

Just got myself a very decent quote for £50K agreed value from Jamie at heritage insurance brokers Wolverhampton.

Heritage quoted £103 + £11 IPT
150 excess £90 windscreen salvage buy back agreed value based on 6 pictures

standard site link
https://www.heritagecarinsurance.co.uk/

my refer a friend link which will result in a £25 discount for me and £25 off for you if you do a multi-car policy
(Happy to delete this link if it offends or causes problems with insurance company affiliated with MMA)
https://www.heritagecarinsurance.co.uk/ ... avid204897

you may find better, or the outcome may be different, your postcode might be a rash across the system...... but Jamie seems to be a straight talking chap who works in an office on a high street....rather than a child who works in a massive call centre who really couldn't give a monkeys about anything other than extracting the $$$ from you wallet

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
morgan

Re: Insurance

Post by morgan »

Just did the rollover with Brentacre this end.
£175, £40k agreed. Seemed fair so didnt shop around...
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

when mine was due last month, I had RH price and it was higher than last year.

So I phoned a couple and yes found like for like cheaper. Rang RH to cancel and they wanted to know why, so told them.

Guess what their price was dropped to match the best offer I had, so stayed with them this year.

But yet there are others out there.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

The whole thing just annoys me
i was with footman James for years, they were taken over by a big player and started the whack £40 on every year malarkey
i went to RH, all good until they were taken over by Red Star. and they have been adding 30- 40 each year

so they got a Snot-o-gram as soon as the new paperwork came in.

obviously we never find out the quality of our insurance until something awful happens but i don't like to feel i'm being taken advantage of

most of my interactions with insurance companies is me buying... they should be a bit nicer to me. if it wasn't for me they couldn't charge themselves 800 quid to respray a wing mirror in their own body shop at OUR expense

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Still with RH. They did pay out for a replacement front windscreen a few years ago after a big stone chip and crack from a double decker bus. I had to pay out first though and it took at least 6 months to recoup the money. First said I only needed one quote, which i got from Peter Jones, but came back later looking a second which in the end they supplied. Ended up with Peter supplying and getting it fitted locally. Went up a tenner i think this time.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

I've been with Classicline for 19 years, they always provide good cover. They've never increased the prices like that, guess they've never been taken over.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Just had our renewal thru from RH too. They've been going up gradually over the last few years but the easy-life part of me has let them get away with it so I've just renewed at the quoted price each time.
This time tho it's gone up from £395 to £425 (for 2 cars), so time to shop around methinks :-k

I just spent 5-10 mins filling in personal details on classicline's website only for it to bomb-out when I got to the 'look up reg no' stage, so now I've got to ring them :roll: Will do when I get time... :banghead:
Pete

Post by Pete »

I have always found "Brentacre" very easy to deal with, and they look favourably on MMA members!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

RobTwin wrote: Wed May 26, 21 1:38 pm I just spent 5-10 mins filling in personal details on classicline's website only for it to bomb-out
I've always done it the old fashioned way, given them a ring and email. Can't say I've seen their website.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
MattH

Post by MattH »

RobTwin wrote: Wed May 26, 21 1:38 pm Just had our renewal thru from RH too. They've been going up gradually over the last few years but the easy-life part of me has let them get away with it so I've just renewed at the quoted price each time.
This time tho it's gone up from £395 to £425 (for 2 cars), so time to shop around methinks :-k

I just spent 5-10 mins filling in personal details on classicline's website only for it to bomb-out when I got to the 'look up reg no' stage, so now I've got to ring them :roll: Will do when I get time... :banghead:
I'm paying about that for five cars with Cherished. I know ours are not to the standard or value of yours, but I've still got the Chally at £25K, Mandie's truck at £20K, my Dodge ambulance at £12K and the Charger and Herald laid up.
I was with RH but it kept creeping too. I always phone for classics, never use the online stuff. Its definitely worth shopping around and talking to them. This is how Jack managed to get insured on a Green Goddess at 18 years old, Flux did it when no-one else would.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

RobTwin wrote: Wed May 26, 21 1:38 pm Just had our renewal thru from RH too. They've been going up gradually over the last few years but the easy-life part of me has let them get away with it so I've just renewed at the quoted price each time.

Had some time to give Classicline a ring today and spoke to a nice chap Adam. Gave him all the details and he rang back after a couple of hours because their 'system had a problem' (does that ALWAYS happen to anyone else?) but it was worth the wait as their quote was just under £350 for the 2 cars, ie £75 less than RH. And that includes legal cover and UK & European breakdown cover.

They said they'd honour the valuations that Tony did for us a couple of years ago and when they need updating (prob next year), they can do that. As renewal isn't due till July 2nd I cant renew until next Tues at the earliest so when I ring back I'll ask about their valuation process, and cost, if it's extra.

Thanks for the recomendation Mark B :thumbright:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Pete wrote: Wed May 26, 21 3:03 pm I have always found "Brentacre" very easy to deal with, and they look favourably on MMA members!
I tried them a couple of years ago Pete and their quote was about 2x RH's, so I stayed with RH.
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Just had an increase about the same from RH. Will be doing the ring round next week.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
kma176

Post by kma176 »

I got a great price from Brentacre with the MMA discount !!
rfullarton

Post by rfullarton »

how does windscreen cover work for classics ?
i was looking at an aussie classic and the current owner says he cant get a front windscreen in the uk

if you pay the excess will they ship a windscreen from Australia ?