anti freeze/coolant

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

gmopar59

anti freeze/coolant

Post by gmopar59 »

523770471.jpg
523770471.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
Went out for a spin yesterday. Normally I drive front in but for some reason decided to back her in. Talked to a neighbour and turned round to lock up and found a small pool of antifreeze on the floor. Saw where it was coming from so pulled the rad out last night and got it fixed locally today by a lovely man in his 80s. Thing is I can't get the green glycol antifreeze here, he also says that is so. So i got this, he says it will be fine. Just want to check with you guys first before i put the rad back in. The blue stuff. I'm sure I saw a post of someone using it before. Way too hot today to be working in a garage. Glad you all enjoyed Brooklands, those who made it. BTW I got the ready mixed type.
kma176

Re: anti freeze/coolant

Post by kma176 »

Not sure how the blue reacts with the older type rubber seals - to be safe I use the Prestone yellow that a lot of the cars over the pond are running Its available in Costco if you have a card and its only £12.00 for 4 lts .
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

kma176 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 21 5:56 pm Not sure how the blue reacts with the older type rubber seals - to be safe I use the Prestone yellow that a lot of the cars over the pond are running Its available in Costco if you have a card and its only £12.00 for 4 lts .
Thanks, ordered 4 lts from Euro Parts yesterday. Went to pick it up 1st thing this morning and he handed my screen wash. Saw 4 x single liters on the shelf ready mixed and 2 x 1 liter concentrate. So took them. About £36 quids worth, gave it to me for the same price of a 4 liter bottle (14.99). Result. :thumbright:
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

If it helps, Tesco stock Prestone at a good price, so do Toolstation.

Funnily enough, I’m trying to track some of their coolant flush in the uk, but surprisingly hard to find the damn stuff.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Thanks Stu, our local tescos doesn't stock it. Anyway job done. Rad fixed and no leaks.
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

:thumbright:
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Blue

Post by Blue »

As far as I know, blue and green are both glycol based, it’s the yellow and pink that’s synthetic.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

For coolant flush I use Citric acid, buy from ebay in powder form. Very searching for rust, use plain water to flush out.

Your choice on strength but does remove rust from Iron and Steel, mix some first and test on rusty bolts if not sure. I run the motor for 20mins to get it hot then leave for a day before flushing out, don't be surprised at what comes out!

As i said, very searching so i run a bottle of Wynns rad seal after clean out.