1970(ish) Challenger to take part in a cover shoot for Classic Cars magazine

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Derek

1970(ish) Challenger to take part in a cover shoot for Classic Cars magazine

Post by Derek »

I had this sent to me, I don't know if anyone here is interesedt, I don't know what sort of payment is involved if any. Details are below.

Hi Derek

I’m looking for a 1970(ish) Challenger to take part in a cover shoot for Classic Cars magazine. The shoot will be at Dunsfold in Surrey later this month (date TBC).

It needs to be a standard car in a photogenic colour, in excellent condition inside and out. The owner needs to be happy for me to drive the car briefly (and fairly gently – no performance testing or anything) so I can write driving impressions. It will be covered by the magazine’s insurance for this.

Do you have anyone in the club with a suitable car who might be interested? We’ll give the MMA a mention in the article, of course.

Best regards

Andrew

ANDREW NOAKES

Freelance motoring writer

Course director Automotive Journalism, Coventry University

Home/office: +44 (0)1584 823340

Mobile: +44 (0)7980 293539

Email: andrew@pgan.com

Web: www.andrewnoakes.com

Twitter: @andrewnoakes
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
MattH

Re: 1970(ish) Challenger to take part in a cover shoot for Classic Cars magazine

Post by MattH »

Mine wont be suitable then!
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
RobTwin

Re: 1970(ish) Challenger to take part in a cover shoot for Classic Cars magazine

Post by RobTwin »

Mark B? :-k ;)
Derek

Post by Derek »

MattH wrote: Tue Aug 10, 21 12:20 pm Mine wont be suitable then!
😂😂😂😂😂 just missed out Matt

Robert Nauer

Post by Robert Nauer »

I'm game--I just sent Andrew an email letting him know that I would be interested in the opportunity. I sent him a few pics of my Challenger, I'll see what he thinks.
Robert Nauer

Post by Robert Nauer »

Took part in the photo shoot for the Classic Cars mag this past Thursday; it was held at the Dunsfold Aerodrome, home of the Top Gear track. The theme of the article is to highlight those 60/70 cars who have a modern version. So besides my 1970 Challenger, they had a 1957 Mercedes 300 Gullwing, 1972 Renault Alpine, Mk I Mini, 1960s Fiat 500, Fiat 124, and VW Beetle—So quite an eclectic mix. The photographer was great, very enthusiastic and professional—long day but overall fun—great talking with the other owners. Article projected to be in the February 2022 edition. I’ll follow up once they finalize the details of the article.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Sounds like a great day Robert, and a great feature to be involved with 8-) :thumbright:
Derek

Post by Derek »

It's good to hear it went well Robert,are they letting you have some o the photos, please let us know when it's out in the shops.

Pete

Post by Pete »

Glad it was a success, Robert!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Robert Nauer

Post by Robert Nauer »

Thank you all for your support and well wishes—I will certainly let you know when the article is published.
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

That sounds like a good day and well worth while. 😎
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Robert Nauer

Post by Robert Nauer »

Article finally published in the April 2022 edition released last week. Pretty good read.
Classic Cars Original Icons Challenger Article_0001.jpg
Classic Cars Original Icons Challenger Article_0001.jpg (148.31 KiB) Viewed 926 times
Classic Cars Original Icons Challenger Article_0003.jpg
Classic Cars Original Icons Challenger Article_0003.jpg (100.22 KiB) Viewed 926 times
Pete

Post by Pete »

Excellent, Robert - well done!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Derek

Post by Derek »

Robert Nauer wrote: Thu Feb 24, 22 4:02 pm Article finally published in the April 2022 edition released last week. Pretty good read.Classic Cars Original Icons Challenger Article_0001.jpgClassic Cars Original Icons Challenger Article_0003.jpg
Well done buddy, I’m glad someone from the MMA did it.