Anko Wiper Refills

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

Anko Wiper Refills

Post by Steve »

Anyone know where I can get a set of replacement 18" Anko wiper refills? My blades are the red dot quick release type and I need the refills that have the flat steel strip running along their length.

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Blue

Re: Anko Wiper Refills

Post by Blue »

I couldn't find the correct style in the UK, bought mine from eBay and they ain't cheap!
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Pete

Post by Pete »

It may be worth checking this company out:

https://texautomotive.com/

Cheers,

Pete
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks men! Appreciate the info. I picked my 'red dot blades off ebay USA for £25...bargain!

I found another set with a set of refills for £60, again on ebay, but they guy won't ship to the UK. Before I could speak to my son in North Carolina they had sold.

I've got a few options to explore....cheers!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Quick update....I may have found a cheap solution. I ordered some modern 'cut to size' replacement rubber strip off Ebay for a couple of quid. I stripped the originals down to the stainless steel spine and carefully fed the new rubber into it. I've put it in on the second groove to allow for the back of the rubber to be compressed when the curved arm connectors with the red dot buttons on are fed in from both sides. Seems to have worked. Will refit and test tomorrow.

The new rubber is thinner than the OEM stuff so if it works, I may search for some deeper profile rubber that will allow me to fit it on the first groove (more rubber on the screen side) but still hold the connectors tightly in place and look more like the originals.

Will let you know how I get on and thanks again for your help.

cheers Steve :thumbright: