Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Dave999

handy engineering shop if london based

Post by Dave999 »

http://www.denebank.co.uk/index.html

based in sunbury where A316 turns in to M3

Just had these guys do some work
they shrink-fit a new pilot/spigot end onto a transmission input shaft, Mustang size to Mopar 3/4 inch size, profiled the end etc
they milled the solid not-yet-machined through to the output shaft bore, boss for the speedo drive in a new old stock but unfinished tail housing that had no speedo drive hole, drilled and tapped a hole for retainer clip
they replicated the interior profile for the area behind 5th gear in a Tremec T5 tailhousing, namely the oil slinger scroll and 5th gear/reverse brake on the 5th gear syncro. by copying what we found in a ford 2003 worldclass tailhousing to a 1980s chevy s10 T5 tailhousing, (none world class) i.e milled it smooth to a specific depth, making sure not to hit sunlight on the other side and created a pocket for the brake

basically converted a non worldclass housing to worldclass style for a box with reverse idler brake (late 90s mustang) specification that was never suppoosed to accept this housing. turns out not everything you read on the internt is true i have proof now in the boot of my car..:)

get estimate/quote and set timescales before you give them the part "sometime in the next month" will otherwise string out to 3.....

other than it "took a while" this is the only shop out of 4 I engaged with who listened, said "yes no problem, thats what we do", rather than, we'd rather do the full conversion, or, naaa sounds a bit complicated to me, i only do pinto engines, me..!.. i'll have to do hours of machine set up blaa blaa blaa

contact via phone or email
list of processes and machines on website, also do aluminium welding.....
Like to be paid in cash unless you contract them to make/build/design or change somthing in bulk.

your results may differ but so far i'm a happy chappy.

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Blue

Re: handy engineering shop if london based

Post by Blue »

Glad that worked out, I will go and pester them then!
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

could have sworn i'd PMed you when i had success
checked outbox and nothing presume it went to preview and i never hit submit

but yes seem to be good chaps

Dave
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

We used to use Denebank when I was working, in fact they still do use them. I used to deal with Paul or Kim, as she was running the shop.

Glad you had good service
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

yeah nice bunch and didn't give me any flannel

tried place in whitton, place in shperton phoned a number of others

all happy to let you talk and then give some excuse about not wanting to do the work... like "erm its a wednesday and i have to drink my cofee today, and tomorrow i will mainly be smoking fags and building a pinto... "

couldn't work out if what i asked for was just too hard (obviously not, every job involves some set up) or they thought i'd be a complaing messer who would not pay..... wouldn't have asked and provided instructions and measurements on a nice none grubby piece of A4 if i couldn't pay.... their loss.

so Denebank were a breath of fresh air

YES, yes, yes, why don't you come down and see us

perfect.

Dave