Sad news...

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

Sad news...

Post by RobTwin »

Heard some sad news earlier this week that Dale Edmonds (DRE Racecar Composites) had passed away, following a return of the cancer that he had battled with for many years.

Many people on here will have dealt with him thru his most recent profession as a supplier of glass and carbon fibre panels but we first knew him when he was working at BT, before he was made redundant, enabling him to set up his own business doing what he did as a hobby / side-line!

He quickly became the 'go to guy' for all things glass and carbon fibre for all types of motor racing, so his passing will leave a big hole in the industry if no one can take it over. Maybe someone else know how likely this is?

Needless to say our condolences go out to his family and many friends and colleagues :cry:

The news was posted on Eurodragster yesterday...

http://www.eurodragster.com/news/news.asp
Pete

Re: Sad news...

Post by Pete »

Yes, I was sadly aware of this.

I knew Dale originally when I too worked at BT.

He left and set up his own thriving business - many of us had to wait quite a while due to his popularity and long lead times.

However, he was THE MAN wen it came to bespoke fabrication, and he has had a hand in many of the most influential cars - remember that Drag Cars were probably a bit of a side-line!

He will be very sorely missed.

RIP Dale.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
RobTwin

Re: Sad news...

Post by RobTwin »

I'm pretty sure Dale used to have a 63 Plymouth Belvedere/Savoy way back before we got interested in the earlier cars. Then in 2008/2009 we learned that he'd bought the 63 Polara 500 that Dean Bailey imported, restored and built as a max wedge 'tribute'. I think Dale bought it from Jerry & Marc Smith.
We met Dale (and Jerry & Marc) at the HRD's at Shakey in 2009, which was the first time we'd seen the car since Dean took it to the Mopar Nats in 2005.

And as usual, Dean did a fantastic job on the car, putting ours to shame... having gone through the same process probably 25 years earlier!

Dale still has the car but hasn't been used much in recent years.

Hot Rod Drags, Shakey, 2009
Attachments
DSCF5216.JPG
DSCF5216.JPG (68.06 KiB) Viewed 474 times
DSCF5219.JPG
DSCF5219.JPG (107.55 KiB) Viewed 474 times
Stu and Dale
Stu and Dale
DSCF5219 - Copy 2.JPG (86.46 KiB) Viewed 474 times