Thank you

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Derek

Thank you

Post by Derek »

Many thanks to all who came to Brooklands today. It was a little confusing early on due to the unexpected Rally leaving the site as we were starting our show but the show went on and went on well it did!
Big shout out to all the Marshalls for their time and support. Pictures will follow shortly, I need to unpack the Charger and then pour a John Smiths.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Pete

Re: Thank you

Post by Pete »

Brilliant job by yourself and the Marshalls as ever, Derek - sincere thanks to all involved.

A great day out, good weather, great cars, lovely people - what more do you want.....

...... other than a new Starter motor... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:working: :working:

Roll on "Speedfest!!"
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
James Vette

Post by James Vette »

:salute:
currently driving: 1971 stingray
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Pete wrote: Sun May 29, 22 6:08 pm Brilliant job by yourself and the Marshalls as ever, Derek - sincere thanks to all involved.

A great day out, good weather, great cars, lovely people - what more do you want.....

...... other than a new Starter motor... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:working: :working:

Roll on "Speedfest!!"
I thought you said you had starter trouble as we undertook you on the M25 :shock:
Did you have to bump start it? :? :help:
mr m

Post by mr m »

yes wel done Dell =D> well organised and great job by marshalls, shame brookland themselves cant manage anything proffesionally :banghead:
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
Pete

Post by Pete »

RobTwin wrote: Mon May 30, 22 12:29 am .......Did you have to bump start it? :? :help:
Yes, I was pooing myself in case the car stalled during all that traffic on the M25....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

James Vette

Post by James Vette »

That's part of the fun. :shock:
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

thanks for a great day , it was was well worth the drive , and the M25 was kind to us there and back to Norfolk .
Great cars and outstanding people , MMA is a the best ................ thanks Derek for all your efforts .
Guy and Tracey ( 76 Trans Am )
:salute:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Lovely Trans Am - but missed both of you there, sorry about that..... The M25 was a B*tch to me on the way back!!!!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

James Vette

Post by James Vette »

Yellow trans am? That was awesome.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

23.jpg
23.jpg (200.54 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Pete B

Post by Pete B »

Great, day out at Brooklands, thanks Derek and your team of marshals who did a great job! =D>
The London to Brighton car rally that was double booked with us made an interesting side line, and lots of them were coming over to see our cars! It must be quite intimidating driving a small British sports car on todays roads with all the pot holes speed bumps and idiots in German 4 wheel drives tailgating you and trying to get into every bit of road space!
Great turn out of cars and the weather was good! Got caught a bit on the M25 with the traffic on the way home, it was slow until I got to Chertsey, then started moving again then had to come off at Staines and blasted up the A30 and home from there, all in all a good day!! :)
69 Road Runner, MMA member from day 1
slumbers

Post by slumbers »

Great Day out at Brooklands . Thanks Derek and co for organising and marshalling us all =D> :salute:
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

Thanks James , will pass on your comments and appreciation to my wife as it is her car , not mine ! Lots of people come up to me thinking it is mine only to find it is owned , maintained and cared for by her , and yes she has done all the work herself including wire bushing the whole underside and wax oiling every crevice .
Did see you Pete , then got into one of many chats ....... then lost you ! hopefully catch up soon
A fab day and respect to all
GUY :salute: