Post by Carl »

Its even better in the flesh.
Petty Roadrunner 416 Stroker 4 Speed
*MMA-609*
"Built to be driven!"

Why me??? :banghead:
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Mossy68 wrote:Pete at GS is going to love that ( who wouldn't ?)
He tries to be impartial to yank iron yet if you asked what car he would choose in a " stuck in the desert and need to get home " situation. He will answer Mopar !!!!

I'm only up the road so will try and pop down and have a dribble myself !
;)
Pete was telling me he runs a 440-6 pack Jensen so he's got experience with the set-up. Only issue I've got with the car is the stock exhaust is so damn quiet! I'm gonna have to do something with it as it's too subtle for me.

Looking for suggestions on best way to get more from the engine while keeping the stock look of the cast iron manifolds and carbs so interested in any advice on heads/cam combinations etc.
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Wow! Looks amazing, love the interior too :thumbright:
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Bilko wrote:
He tries to be impartial to yank iron yet if you asked what car he would choose in a " stuck in the desert and need to get home " situation. He will answer Mopar !!!!

;)
Pete was telling me he runs a 440-6 pack Jensen so he's got experience with the set-up. Only issue I've got with the car is the stock exhaust is so damn quiet! I'm gonna have to do something with it as it's too subtle for me.

Looking for suggestions on best way to get more from the engine while keeping the stock look of the cast iron manifolds and carbs so interested in any advice on heads/cam combinations etc.
get him to put you a jensen exhaust on it they sound magic somehow jensen made the chrysler v8 sound like an expensive lump,,,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Bilko wrote:

;)

Pete has loads of experience with Mopars. As well as other marques.
His Jenson SP is finally getting some well deserved work on it. I think he's had it a while.
As for your exhaust. Flowtech are just up the road near Customville.
Or you have pipecraft near Basildon. :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Bilko wrote: Pete was telling me he runs a 440-6 pack Jensen so he's got experience with the set-up. Only issue I've got with the car is the stock exhaust is so damn quiet! I'm gonna have to do something with it as it's too subtle for me.

With the stock or a mild upgrade to the cam the engine will respond well if you follow the old MP performance modifications to the sixpack as outlined here;
http://www.mopar1.us/6barreltips.html

Also make sure the vacuum diaphragms for the secondary carbs are in good nick. They go soft after a few years and make the opening late, sluggish, and incomplete.

If I were you I wouldn't go too far down the extra performance road with this car. It is a superb example (god I am jealous!) and any modifications for more power will only sacrifice driveability. Plus really you are limited by the heads anyway.

So don't go much past the stock cam duration spec. Just go for a little more valve lift and a good sounding exhaust system.

And I don't have to tell you to sort the spark timing curve out do I? ;) That alone will wake it up a bit.
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Thanks Dave, that site has some great information. I'll resist doing anything until I have driven it for a bit, but first impression is it doesn't feel as quick as my 440 Challenger? Maybe a tune-up will sharpen it up a bit, but with 4.10 gears I was expecting more of a rush?
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

There was a very noticeable improvement to AndyRob's 70 Charger 440+6 with a similar six pack and timing tune I did.
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Dave wrote:There was a very noticeable improvement to AndyRob's 70 Charger 440+6 with a similar six pack and timing tune I did.
Don't fancy a 'working' trip to Essex do you Dave? ;)
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Yeah of course.

But I would have to drive your car up to mine to do the work and it may take me some time... ;) :lol:
Jim

Post by Jim »

That is a gorgeous car..

Whatever you do. - Listen to Dave!
andyrob

Post by andyrob »

Dave wrote:There was a very noticeable improvement to AndyRob's 70 Charger 440+6 with a similar six pack and timing tune I did.
yes there was !!! transformed the car
life is not a spectator sport

www.andyrobinson.eu
andy robinson

68 572 coronet RT
72 440 chrysler new yorker
69 518 daytona
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Just seen this one at Mecum's Kissimmee auction reach $90k but it didn't sell as it didn't reach the $110k reserve :shock:

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?lo ... 115-203578

Much prefer yours tho Steve :thumbright:
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

RobTwin wrote:Much prefer yours tho Steve :thumbright:
Thanks Rob, but I am starting to like the look of that body-coloured shaker over my Argent silver version!
Green68

Post by Green68 »

Very nice