Easter Thunderball

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

GTXJim

Easter Thunderball

Post by GTXJim »

Anybody going to the Easter Thunderball at santa pod, I might be crewing there, not sure yet will find out next weekend!
Petrol is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, Nitro is for racing!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm a Redneck
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Your face when Grumpy told you and your brother to take the engine apart and put new pistons in ,,,,,priceless
Attachments
silverlineshowbob1.jpg
silverlineshowbob1.jpg (85.41 KiB) Viewed 4514 times
GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

He sure likes to throw you in at the deep end :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Easter will be easy,,,,just a practice,,, 4 laps,,, 4 rebuilds,,Main event is a differant animal all together ,,,,4Qs and 3rds ,,,,, 7 leak down tests, 7 rod cap changes ,2 main cap inspections ,2 complete piston removals,Change heads twice possibly more if damaged, 14 oil changes thats warm up oil then race oil,7 filter changes,7 clutch rebuilds ,,,,If your lucky you might get to sleep before 2 in the morning,,,,,,,,,, You will stink of oil and Nitro,your eyes will be sore with the fumes of Alcohol and Nitro ,,,but when that thing gets switched over from the alki can to Fuel ,,,,,,,you.ll be hooked for life ,and no other car or rwyb meeting after ,, will come close to doing it for you again ,,,be warned get out now :lol:
GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

Can't wait, been daydreaming the last 2 days at work, Brother is very excited, my misses isn't too keen but tough, haven't really told anyone yet, because Grumpy might tell me to Bananarama! off next week :shock: who knows

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

GTXJim wrote:Can't wait, been daydreaming the last 2 days at work, Brother is very excited, my misses isn't too keen but tough, haven't really told anyone yet, because Grumpy might tell me to Bananarama! off next week :shock: who knows

Hey you got it apart and back together..... You just better hope it runs on Saturday when we run the engine up :thumbright: :thumbright:
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

I'll be there, had to cancel my stag weekend as got a job interview instead so may have a few pre-marriage beers :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
nick500

Post by nick500 »

I bloody loved it, working on a 3500 Hp HEMI, not every body can say that!. Hope this sat works out, got torque setting in my head, just hope me and Jim can cut it when it comes to race day, he's called grumpy for a reason we will find out.Hope to get some pic's or vid on sat when we pull it a part again, then hopefully hear it running, any body near Purbright sat morning keep your ears peeled.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

purbright or pirbright?
1968 Ford Fairlane 500 Wimbledon White. Currently a 302 auto but to be 410 4 speed.
GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

Pirbright :thumbright:

jerry

Post by jerry »

GTXJim wrote:Pirbright :thumbright:
Used to be good for Moto X there many moons back, maybe they still do it over there ?
Give my regards to Harry when your next down at Daves
Last edited by jerry on Fri Apr 08, 11 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nick500

Post by nick500 »

Never was good at that spelling thingy. :help:
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

i will keep a listen out, only up the road. \:D/
1968 Ford Fairlane 500 Wimbledon White. Currently a 302 auto but to be 410 4 speed.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i will be there with justin :thumbright:
db

Post by db »

Slick wrote:Easter will be easy,,,,just a practice,,, 4 laps,,, 4 rebuilds,,Main event is a differant animal all together ,,,,4Qs and 3rds ,,,,, 7 leak down tests, 7 rod cap changes ,2 main cap inspections ,2 complete piston removals,Change heads twice possibly more if damaged, 14 oil changes thats warm up oil then race oil,7 filter changes,7 clutch rebuilds ,,,,If your lucky you might get to sleep before 2 in the morning,,,,,,,,,, You will stink of oil and Nitro,your eyes will be sore with the fumes of Alcohol and Nitro ,,,but when that thing gets switched over from the alki can to Fuel ,,,,,,,you.ll be hooked for life ,and no other car or rwyb meeting after ,, will come close to doing it for you again ,,,be warned get out now :lol:
I'm buzzing just reading that!! What a fantastic thing to experience, getting your hands inside one of those beasts 8-) Keep us posted chaps, this is the closest most of us will get :thumbright:
No-one will believe you...