Goodwood Festival of Speed

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

Goodwood Festival of Speed

Post by Pete »

Hello Club members.

As you probably know, the Festival of Speed is on Friday 25th June to Sunday 27th June.

I will be flying the Mopar Flag there as I have been asked to exhibit the Blue Superbird in the Cartier "Style et Luxe" event.

I have confirmed that this part of the show is open to the Public, so it would be great to see a few friendly faces there.

Goodwood is located near Chichester. Don't even bother trying to get overnight accomodation....

I have to clearly state that the only reason I am there is due to the absolutely stunning job that Alex and Matt of AM Autosport have done on the total rebuild of every aspect of the car; and also to Richard Ward for an incredible bodywork Restoration.

This must be what it was like buying a new car in 1970 and driving it off the new car lot.

I am indeed a very lucky person to have such a nice car.

More importantly, I am privilidged to have Alex and Richard as my friends - Cheers Lads.

Hope to see you all down there!!!
Alex

Post by Alex »

:oops: ! We are glad you are happy with the work we carried out for you Pete, and if thanks are in order, then WE would like to thank YOU for the opportunity to work on such a rare and interesting vehicle.

We both hope you have a great time at Goodwood and that the car recieves good comment.

Alex & Matt

A M Autosport.
Adam

Post by Adam »

We'll be there Friday Pete. See you there!
And yes, the car is a credit to all of you - great to see it finally restored to it's former glory.
Jim

Post by Jim »

What a gorgeous car Pete!

Foolishly i previously arranged to be in Wales on business for the next few days. I did this months ago and never gave Goodwood a thought. - So I won't be there, - weep. See you at the Nat's.
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Absolutely superb!

You're a lucky, lucky man...now drive it! :D
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Pete

Post by Pete »

I have 2 spare complimentary Tickets for Saturday and 2 for Sunday.

Give me a call - first come first served!!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Well I just got back from Gooders ! I had a blast, helped Pete get the car looking tidy again, got to keep the Mopar flag flying ! it seems to be getting a lot of interest, there are some wicked cars there but a lack of Mopar race stuff this year :cry:

Ford have some cool stuff, several genuine GT40's and the new one, what a car that is ! also a GT350R is in the paddock with the '65 Daytona winning Fairlane (I think!) and a Trans Am Boss mustang, yum !!!

The event is fully booked so without a ticket don't bother, they are turning you away! however Pete has two tickets for Sat & Sun up for grabs to the first to call him, they have a face value of ?75 each for the two days so if you want to go call him up !

TTFN !
Holly

Post by Holly »

cool, though I guess it's getting more than a bit over-subscribed now :(
Alex

Post by Alex »

Ooh I dunno mate, we parked Stephs pocket rocket on Lord March's doorstep :D
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I saw this lot on the way!!!! Blind beggars they are!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Guilty ! :oops: sorry man I was like still asleep !