The Goat, Hertford Heath

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

The Goat, Hertford Heath

Post by RobTwin »

This should have been about the Old Warden Classic Rally & Autojumble but after queuing for ages and not getting very far, with what was likely to be another ½ to 1 hr queuing before we got in, we decided to turn around and head back down the A1(M) :roll:

Shame, as there looked to be a good mix of classic euro and US cars also in the queue, inc a General Lee and a 69 Coronet / Bee, who we waved at while going back in the opposite direction. Wonder if they stuck it out… ?

Anyone else on here go? MattH? Demon James?

Even with such a big gathering going on at Old Warden, The Goat was till as busy as ever. Good to see Naughty Al out in the Charger, complete with the 512 back where it belongs 8-)

muzzydave

Post by muzzydave »

great pics there mate ....was a bit rammed up there all day ...
and they were still turning in the afternoon :shock:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Thanks Dave. Just read some chat on fb about a petition that some of the locals are signing - not pleased with the disruption / noise / parking etc etc apparently....

You signed it yet? :shock: :lol:
MattH

Post by MattH »

Jack went to Old warden in the Mini, he went in with the convoy of 49 cars from the A602's Street and Strip club. We went up there about 2.30 in the Dodge once alot of stuff had gone. Still some great cars there, good show season starter.
I must get to the Goat one day.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
muzzydave

Post by muzzydave »

RobTwin wrote:Thanks Dave. Just read some chat on fb about a petition that some of the locals are signing - not pleased with the disruption / noise / parking etc etc apparently....

proberly one of the newby ashholes that have moved up there . ..dont think they know how long this has been going and nobody orgnises this meet you just turn up ,,saying that the flymo club now have this as there offical meet and they get there about 0930 ...this was always a dinner time meet ... :lol:

doubt if i would get asked to sign :D
XP29

Post by XP29 »

Wouldn't mind popping along to this as it's not far from here :)
1966 Charger, 383 4bbl, 4 speed manual trans, Sure-grip, original paint.
muzzydave

Post by muzzydave »

there is a meet up at juntion 26 dinner in waltham abbey
from 1600 this sat 8 april ..live music bq cars and bikes

hope to get there with a few others
muzzydave

Post by muzzydave »

link to flyer for the meet

DaveScrivener

Post by DaveScrivener »

RobTwin wrote:Thanks Dave. Just read some chat on fb about a petition that some of the locals are signing - not pleased with the disruption / noise / parking etc etc apparently....

I went this sunday, I usually forget about it being on even though it's only a couple of miles from me. I ended up having to park right down the road though.
As for getting a petition together to stop this happening, I don't see how it could be enforced, if the cars are taxed and insured, they can park anywhere, apart from the pub car park which is private land, they are public roads. I understand that it might be a bit annoying for parking for the people that live there but it is only for a few hours once a month, I live 2 doors away from a football field and every weekend during the football season there are loads of cars parked there, however, I prefer this to the council deciding to build flats on the field.
I pity the fool who thinks its a Mustang
Slowhand

Post by Slowhand »

Hi Dave S - we spoke just before you left. Nice yellow 72 Challenger. I Didn't realise you were a Scrivener (I know your bruv Brian well). Small world eh?

Recommend The Goat Sunday roast. I booked a table for 12 of us and no complaints at all.

Re petition: Don't you hate these people that move in next door to the airport and then complain about the Aeroplanes? (or move to IOM and complain about TT week - I actually met one of those a while back!!).

Can't they just go out for Sunday lunch once a month? Grrrr

J26 Diner show on Saturday sounds interesting Dave G - I'll bell you.
muzzydave

Post by muzzydave »

i spoke to a couple of people that live round the green and they did not know of any petition :shock:
J26 meet ...playing by ear or weather watch lol :D
DaveScrivener

Post by DaveScrivener »

Slowhand wrote:Hi Dave S - we spoke just before you left. Nice yellow 72 Challenger. I Didn't realise you were a Scrivener (I know your bruv Brian well). Small world eh?

I'll have to tell Brian I was talking to you, he's recently bought a 1959 Thunderbird but not been out in it much
I pity the fool who thinks its a Mustang
XP29

Post by XP29 »

Hi guys, will this be on tomorrow at The Goat? If so what's the usual time for turning up? :)
Slowhand

Post by Slowhand »

We live quite near and they start going past our house around 09:30 (for a lunchtime meet!!!....keen!). If you get there much later than about 2.00pm its pretty much all over.
XP29

Post by XP29 »

9:30!! They are keen! Guessing parking or prime spots are limited? I presumed it would be about 11:00 when the pub opens.