RobTwin's Nats

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

RobTwin's Nats

Post by RobTwin »

Finally whittled my pics down to a manageable 182 :shock: but you'll have to put up with using this link below, since we have no more photobucket...well i'm not paying $399 just so I can post them directly on here! And i'm not resizing and posting that many 4 at a time :help:

I also used my camera to do a few videos on the Friday, which came out ok, but I've yet to work out the best way to share them. I might add them to the following Flikr album but will look into that another time.

As always, we had a great weekend despite the pissistant (sp? ;) ) rain late on saturday which made for a very damp nite in the tent. Spose we ought to be thankful that it didn't come till the evening and didn't affect the racing too much, except holding up proceedings Sunday morning while the track was dried out.

We opted out of the cruise on the Fri nite as we had a bbq full of food to attend to, plus the imminent rain didn't look conducive to 'cruising'. Would be good to see some pics and get some feedback from others who went tho. How long did it take to get there? Looked about twice as far as the old KFC / retail park that we used to go to?

As with most people here, the success of the weekend is judged by how many old and new mates you manage too catch up with, and on that basis we had a cracker!
Spent some time in the company of the 'old' (sorry guys!) Roughnecks - Blue, Jason, Dave Bishop, Mickey Fullbrook, Graeme Arno - shame I didn't have my camera handy to get some group photos :roll:
Also tenting next to us was Stu and Gareth, there in ex-MMA member Keith Maddox's (and now Gareth's) 70 Challenger. Good to have neighbours with such a good taste in music :thumbright:
Good to see Dave Robson there too. Anyone know if Sandy made it down - I think he said he might be going over on facebook?
Talking of people from that neck of the woods, thanks to Andy Robinson (northern version ;) ) for bringing down the Coronet - still just about my fave car in the club 8-)

Of course it was good to catch up with the southern MMAers we get to see fairly regularly (Pete W, Matt H, Steve Allkiller, Demon James, Naughty Al Adam F, Mossy, Dave Longshot, Gavin S etc etc) but it's always good to catch up with Richard Berry, Dave B, Tim H etc. It's at the Nats that I get reminded what a brilliant job they, and the other guys from up Yorkshire way do to keep the Mopar scene going in this country, esp with all the top notch race cars they keep producing :salute:

And of course, not forgetting Dunc's 'crew(e)'... again, I didn't have my camera with me while walking round that part of the pits #-o but your cars looked the biz again... is that Ian Bishop's old Avenger? Did mean to ask while were there but you were busy selling stuff :)

Anyhoo, enough waffle, hope it's not too much of a pain to access these pics this way....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145358515 ... 3824/page1
Kev

Post by Kev »

Fantastic pics, Rob. As I loaded the album Gay Bar came on the wireless, a favourite at the Taxi Parties back in the day!
love the Best of Show 'Runner 'Vert. Stunning 8-) 8-) 8-)
I personally prefer this album hosting, PhotoBucket linking always went slow load for me looking.
Looked like a great weekend. :thumbright:
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

excellent pictures :thumbright:
Cannonball

Re: RobTwin's Nats

Post by Cannonball »

RobTwin wrote:Finally whittled my pics down to a manageable 182 :shock: but you'll have to put up with using this link below, since we have no more photobucket...well i'm not paying $399 just so I can post them directly on here! And i'm not resizing and posting that many 4 at a time :help:

I also used my camera to do a few videos on the Friday, which came out ok, but I've yet to work out the best way to share them. I might add them to the following Flikr album but will look into that another time.

As always, we had a great weekend despite the pissistant (sp? ;) ) rain late on saturday which made for a very damp nite in the tent. Spose we ought to be thankful that it didn't come till the evening and didn't affect the racing too much, except holding up proceedings Sunday morning while the track was dried out.

We opted out of the cruise on the Fri nite as we had a bbq full of food to attend to, plus the imminent rain didn't look conducive to 'cruising'. Would be good to see some pics and get some feedback from others who went tho. How long did it take to get there? Looked about twice as far as the old KFC / retail park that we used to go to?

As with most people here, the success of the weekend is judged by how many old and new mates you manage too catch up with, and on that basis we had a cracker!
Spent some time in the company of the 'old' (sorry guys!) Roughnecks - Blue, Jason, Dave Bishop, Mickey Fullbrook, Graeme Arno - shame I didn't have my camera handy to get some group photos :roll:
Also tenting next to us was Stu and Gareth, there in ex-MMA member Keith Maddox's (and now Gareth's) 70 Challenger. Good to have neighbours with such a good taste in music :thumbright:
Good to see Dave Robson there too. Anyone know if Sandy made it down - I think he said he might be going over on facebook?
Talking of people from that neck of the woods, thanks to Andy Robinson (northern version ;) ) for bringing down the Coronet - still just about my fave car in the club 8-)

Of course it was good to catch up with the southern MMAers we get to see fairly regularly (Pete W, Matt H, Steve Allkiller, Demon James, Naughty Al Adam F, Mossy, Dave Longshot, Gavin S etc etc) but it's always good to catch up with Richard Berry, Dave B, Tim H etc. It's at the Nats that I get reminded what a brilliant job they, and the other guys from up Yorkshire way do to keep the Mopar scene going in this country, esp with all the top notch race cars they keep producing :salute:

And of course, not forgetting Dunc's 'crew(e)'... again, I didn't have my camera with me while walking round that part of the pits #-o but your cars looked the biz again... is that Ian Bishop's old Avenger? Did mean to ask while were there but you were busy selling stuff :)

Anyhoo, enough waffle, hope it's not too much of a pain to access these pics this way....

No its a fresh Avenger from the states, Not Ian,s car,,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Adam

Post by Adam »

Superb photos Rob! Really like the ones from up in the tower.
Thanks for sharing :thumbright:
RobTwin

Re: RobTwin's Nats

Post by RobTwin »

Cannonball wrote:
RobTwin wrote:Finally whittled my pics down to a manageable 182 :shock: but you'll have to put up with using this link below, since we have no more photobucket...well i'm not paying $399 just so I can post them directly on here! And i'm not resizing and posting that many 4 at a time :help:

No its a fresh Avenger from the states, Not Ian,s car,,
Thanks Dunc, only asking as our mate Paul (66 GTO) wondered whether it was... :thumbright:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Adam wrote:Superb photos Rob! Really like the ones from up in the tower.
Thanks for sharing :thumbright:
Thanks Adam.
Those 'tower' photos were taken from up in the VIP seats... friend in high places ;) Only spent about 1/2 hr up there on Sunday, just before they stopped for lunch. Shame I didn't make more time to go up there during the weekend.... too much chit-chatting elsewhere :roll: :lol:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Brilliant shots Rob, thanks for taking the time for posting, especially for those of us that couldn't make it! 8-)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

Ivor wrote:Brilliant shots Rob, thanks for taking the time for posting, especially for those of us that couldn't make it! 8-)

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
Derek

Post by Derek »

Great pics Rob, you even got one of me and Lizzi.

I'm with Kev about the album hosting, PhotoBucket linking always took ages for the pics to load but still beeter than 4 at a time on here.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

Superb photos chapsðŸ‘￾
kma176

Post by kma176 »

Great pictures - nice!!!
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

:thumbright:
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Good photos thank you Rob
LONGSHOT

nats

Post by LONGSHOT »

great set of pics, hope you have dried out a bit :lol:
one day your life will flash before your eyes....
just make sure its worth watching.
dave" longshot" long