Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Blue

Post by Blue »

Epic!
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Despite the weather, a great event as usual. Took the Satty Friday and Saturday, then, back to get truck for moving caravan. Satty now much better after work at Jim's to fit new torque converter and 6 quart hemi sump with the new thermoplastic windage tray from Summit. This tray does not require gaskets either side, as, it has built in rubber seals. Anyway, HV oil pumps does not evacuate the sump now.
Hoping to run next rwyb at Shakey.
Sunday afternoon was sunny from around 2 pm to 5:15 when a few sprinkles of rain stopped the event.
Tim Holmes was running great in the Gasser Circus and Kirsten ( Susie Q) ran 8.30 around 165 mph Saturday and Sunday.
Chris and Rose
David Murray

Post by David Murray »

Real shame if this track is going to close - only went for the Friday (as working the weekend), but had a lot of fun! I was a bit nervous at first as by the time I'd driven there I'd only put about 400 miles on my new 512, but still decided to go for a few runs down the track.

Crap driver (me) with terrible 60 ft times, street tyres, still running the 3.23 gears but managed a 13.3 then two 13.2's. It's really addictive stuff isn't it :D. Still got a bunch of ignition tweaking to do and the gears to fit so hopefully get in the 12's next time out....though think that will be the limit for nearly 2 tonnes of c-body :)
66 Dodge Polara.
Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

if anyone's got some photos they are happy to share in Connected I'll take of the posts off here to go with them for the year end review. Either email pics to me at editor@moparuk.com or give me a link please.

Many thanks

Simon :thumbright:
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Forgot to take any photos at all Simon (Sorry).
Didnt even get one of me on the track for the first time (Silly boy).
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Dartfan

Pb's all round

Post by Dartfan »

Well, Jake managed to get 4 runs on the Dart's new motor on Friday with a 13.51 off the trailer progressing to a (PB) 12.79 which we're well pleased with. Sat was pretty wet so with Jake crewing for Tim Holmes we didn't run.
I signed on on Sunday but due to shear numbers of cars I only got two runs with a (PB) best of 13.09 , slight improvement on my 18.02! from 2015 LOL

So I am now officially sacked as driver.

I'll just let the boy drive.

Thanks to DB for the awesome 408, and Tim for his support and advice.

A fitting end to HRD's at shakey, the event won't be the same at the Pod, but as long as it lives on, that's fine by me.