Cars Wanted for NEC Show 10th -12th NOV 2017

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

R.RUNNER

Re: Cars Wanted for NEC Show 10th -12th NOV 2017

Post by R.RUNNER »

I`ll get my car there.............if "DUNC" gets there wearing his "MAN..KINI" [-o< [-o< [-o<

:P :P :P

I`ve got the photo`s of "DUNC" =P~ =P~ =P~
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

FFS do not show em Andy,, :oops: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

Hmmmm, i see our Heather is without pint and Dave appears to have two :-k So that’s were it went :lol:
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Steve, lets get some ideas now so we (everyone in the club) can contribute and time is with us to organise it well before next year.

these shows take a lot of time and afford (and money) to set up.

Ideas please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks Ali.... This was discussed at the show too. Think Rob has mentioned that the next few years are big birthdays in the world of American cars so we may be able to do something around the 50 year anniversaries.

Pete, Matt and Mandie are much more up to date on funding etc but I do know that what we do at the NEC is voluntary and has to incur as little cost as possible. There are other events in the club that deserve the same or more attention than this (Derek has some large projects) and we are actively promoting the Stars and Stripes show in Cheshire and the Manchester classic car show as club events next year. My point is that if we don't get a lot more input, then we will struggle to get any further forward wit this in the coming years. I was chatting to the guys an several stands and they are turning down cars etc left right and centre. Our cars were stunning and wowed the crowds in my opinion but it is hard work finding members willing to do what the guys and girls did for us this year.

Another issue is that members struggle to commit early to the show. We can ask in Feb or March for cars but most people I approach can't commit that early in the year. Cars get sold, work commitments, family responsibilities etc all prevent members saying 'yes' too far in advance.

I'm really glad that this has been raised by Dunc. Hopefully we can get a bit more involved in all the shows that we attend as a club and take it to the next level in 2018. Charger and Jinx Jay will be on your case too next year for support at the Northern Shows mentioned so get your thinking caps on.... You have been warned!!!

Thanks again everyone and cheers

Steve
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Good responses Steve, to some constructive criticism! :thumbright:

Edited ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

We did ask JC and Andy but they weren't able to help this year unfortunately. Dunc..... The spotlight is starting to drop onto you big fella!!

:) :) :)
Steve

Post by Steve »

I forgot to add that the silent hero award needs to go to Jon and Nicola (supersloth). They not only let us use their gorgeous Duster last year but also helped for a day on the stand this year and have given us an open ended offer to use their car as an emergency stand in at very short notice. That's a huge weight off our shoulders and the spirit we need to keep the show going!

Cheers Steve
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

Steve wrote: Tue Nov 14, 17 10:34 am I forgot to add that the silent hero award needs to go to Jon and Nicola (supersloth). They not only let us use their gorgeous Duster last year but also helped for a day on the stand this year and have given us an open ended offer to use their car as an emergency stand in at very short notice. That's a huge weight off our shoulders and the spirit we need to keep the show going!

Cheers Steve
:lol: Did they let you use their gorgeous Duster to wipe down their gorgeous Demon? ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

All I know is its small and only has 2 doors.... Lost interest after that
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

As has been said some interesting and constructive comments by everyone.
Regarding some of the fancier looking stands, with carpets, sofas, brassy rope barriers - they all look very nice but some won't even let you on the stand to take a closer look at their cars.
I think it was the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club (or Drivers club) had a sign up saying that you had to make an appointment with a club representative to get on their stand. Who on earth would bother with that?
Good to hear from Steve that there was a lot of public interest, that's what it's all about after all.

that black painted floor is horrible though...
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Interesting topic..........Didnt realsie that you were having issues with getting cars in.

I'd always open the offer of mine (but i am a realist), my car is not the kind that represents what the club needs in relation to PR and signatures (not looking for a pat on the back/Support here BTW). Its not clean, like the demon this year and its not patina'd like Dave's Dart.....and its not a Charger (most things can be forgiven if its a 68-70 by the masses).

In most repsects it would look like it had been dumped by the local scrotes........Its just a 72 Dart thats under a very very slow transformation.
Eventually it will get to the point where it will be ready for spit and polish.....But its a way off from being in new paint!

Its great to see that we actively look for different cars every year, at least that keeps the visuals fresh. It would be too easy to get the same 4 local cars year in year out.

Keep up the good work!! :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Blue

Post by Blue »

I think the 50 year theme would be a good idea for the next few years as it's the golden age of the muscle car.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
pinoccio

Post by pinoccio »

hi all. a few points of interest there I wonder about. when the public go to these shows like the nec. does everyone expect to see pristine cars that are fit for a museum. and mabe look like they are owned by a trailer queen. or are the expecting to see cars that actually look like they are being used by there owners. I don't mean take any old banger. but surely we should be more realistic with what is presented by our club. and not trying to out do other clubs by having the most impressive looking line up that one might think was bought out of the museum for the show period. regards reggie
Blue

Post by Blue »

I think the public want pristine, that's what they've paid thier money to see.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”