Cars Wanted for NEC Show 10th -12th NOV 2017

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

Re: Cars Wanted for NEC Show 10th -12th NOV 2017

Post by MattH »

That mermaid idea is brilliant, as would any recreation of a period ad, with the ad next to it.
BEEP.jpg
BEEP.jpg (10.48 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
I do agree that the floor is the one thing that would make a huge improvement. There is the storage and transport issue for whatever is used.
Chrysler blue office floor tiles would work well and if they are tiles will be adaptable to whatever shape stand.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks for the ideas gents. Matt, will contact you re some of the ideas (and cost implications) in the New Year,

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
pinoccio

Post by pinoccio »

hey all. just an idea. what about a few mirrored tiles for placing under cars that have excellent detailed work underneath. thus showing the detail on the underside of our mopars im not suggesting a complete floor thus covered. but under the sill /rocker areas. or under the motor. regards reggie
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi Reggie...... You are showing off now......just reminds me when I look under mine that I do have some Winter projects to sort.... Ha ha.

. That's a good idea though and definitely something we could consider if we get a completely restored car on the stand. I think the public will want to see shiny paint etc under there. Roger Keys had his Charger on the stand a few years ago and it would have been a prime candidate for this treatment.

Thanks for the suggestion Reggie

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Think they had a few Sierra Cosworths on the Ford stand this year that had mirrors and perfect (mint) undersides.

IMO its just a sad thing to see.
Not the attention to detail, thats something i can kind of understand, but the fact that these cars are show only and never get driven due to the hours to rectify the dirt and dust.

I'd rather see these cars (all classics) being used and driven.
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
pinoccio

Post by pinoccio »

thank you steve. ive seen the mirrors at scooter shows and they do look good showing off the detail on the underside. also maybe if the club does use some mirrors at certain shows. the mirrors could be adorned with some mopar logos too. like the dodge fratzog or super bee. roadrunner etc,i think certainly would break up a drab looking floor such as at the nec. again just an idea. ps if any time this idea is used. by all means I can stencil and cut out some sticky back plastic logo,s for the mirrors. regards reggie
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

pinoccio wrote: Wed Nov 29, 17 10:55 pm thank you steve. ive seen the mirrors at scooter shows and they do look good showing off the detail on the underside. also maybe if the club does use some mirrors at certain shows. the mirrors could be adorned with some mopar logos too. like the dodge fratzog or super bee. roadrunner etc,i think certainly would break up a drab looking floor such as at the nec. again just an idea. ps if any time this idea is used. by all means I can stencil and cut out some sticky back plastic logo,s for the mirrors. regards reggie
now that is a good idea to put logo on the floor, even if we don't use mirrors, that would be better than just black floor.

good idea Reggie. :thumbright:
pinoccio

Post by pinoccio »

thank you cadboy. one of my old mates some years ago had a carpet from the raliegh cycles shop he worked at. so that's a good idea too. obviously not the raliegh carpet. but a carpet with mopar logo etc. that's it bud. time consuming to make.but im sure it will be worth it. in the late 70s I remember you could buy a kit my old dad used to make like door matt size carpets. if I remember correctly. the kit consisted of some hessian material. oblong or square with a print on it of a tiger for instance. and a hook and different coloured wool. the idea was you pulled the different coloured wool through the hessian material in the correct area of the print. similar as paint by numbers and when you had finished. viola a tiger print carpet. so im sure the same could be applied to a mopar designed carpet/rug. im sure there must be someone here on the forum who will also remember such a carpet kit as I do. il go to hobby craft sunday and have a butchers see what they have. watch this space. il see what I can find. regards reggie.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Thanks Reggie.

I would point out that our very small stand this year was 100 square Metres.

That is a lot of carpet to create, store, transport, and manage.

I am sure we can incororporate into the future plans, so thanks for your suggestions and input.

Cheers!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
pinoccio

Post by pinoccio »

hi pete. thank you. im no way suggesting cover a whole floor. just a few areas would suffice I feel. plus if I make a few matts up for any of you regular attendees of the shows., my charger is some time away from a show yet , id gladly give the matts up to any body who would use them at a show. and also id make them for the club. thus become club property for free. appreciation of my work is all I wish for. nothing more. regards reggie
Pete

Post by Pete »

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God