Cars Wanted for NEC Show 10th -12th NOV 2017

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

Cars Wanted for NEC Show 10th -12th NOV 2017

Post by Steve »

Hi all,

As you know, we have a club stand at the yearly NEC Classic motor show. It is always a great event and is a fantastic opportunity to show off our cars to the masses.

We always seem to have trouble getting members with the time to commit to it. This year, we are asking for volunteers rather than approaching members. The idea is that we can collate a list of cars /owners that would like to come along and then make a selection based on themes (ie all Dodge, all Plymouth, racecars, etc).

The basic requirement from us is that you can attend on the morning of Thursday 9th Nov to deliver your car to us and collect it again on the evening of Sunday 12th Nov. You don't have to be with the car over the 3 public days but we would love it if you could as its a good laugh and Pete and I cant possibly answer all the questions we will get about your car. It goes without saying that the show is very secure and the cars will be safe.

As we are a small club, we don't have the funds to pay costs incurred (fuel, travel, hotels etc) but you do get free entry to the show and I always bring biscuits.

If you are interested, please let me know by posting here (with a pic of your car please) or by PM if you prefer. I can't guarantee that everyone will get to go as we only have space for 3 - 4 cars but if you don't get picked this year then I'm sure you will get a chance next year.

Thanks in advance for supporting us on this,

Cheers Steve :thumbright: :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

Hi Steve,

This event was fantastic last year. Nicola and I really enjoyed being a part of it and talking to he public on the stand. The atmosphere was fantastic all weekend.

We'd gladly volunteer to do this event again, but in the interest of fairness I would much rather other members took advantage of the opportunity to display their cars instead.

That being said, as we are only an hour away from the NEC and have family that live in Sutton, so we'd like to volunteer our Demon as an emergency / short notice back-up car to make up the numbers on the stand incase someone has to pull out right at the last moment.

Hopefully it won't come to that and you won't need us but the offer stands incase the club is stuck for whatever reason.

All the best,

Jon & Nicola.
-Jon.
adrianp

Post by adrianp »

Just to echo what Jon said there - I was fortunate enough to be a part of this last year and had a great time. The people coming were very interested in the cars and it was a great atmosphere. Yes, it's a decent time commitment and transport there/back etc. but it was well worth it. If your even remotely interested in this I'd say don't hesitate to put your name forward.

adrian.
morgan

Post by morgan »

Here here. Also done it. Great time had, car was very popular. I was worried that my 'non concours' (to be kind) charger would not be good enough but that wasnt even an issue.
Great event. If you can do it dont be shy, throw yer hat in the ring. :thumbright:
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Steve

Post by Steve »

...... its not uncommon for us to all go for a drink after too..... ooooooh Mrs! :D :D :thumbright:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Is there a theme this year?
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

Would love to if either of ours qualify :)

71 Demon in plum crazy

68 Dart post car in race form.

Cheers, James :)
Attachments
Bee Stripe (1) (Small).JPG
Bee Stripe (1) (Small).JPG (151.31 KiB) Viewed 2722 times
MOPAR NATS 2017 (5) (Medium).JPG
MOPAR NATS 2017 (5) (Medium).JPG (203.65 KiB) Viewed 2722 times
Last edited by Demon James on Thu Sep 07, 17 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

Would love to as well but errr not this year for obvious reasons :lol: :lol: :lol:
put me down for sometime in the future :)
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Blue wrote:Is there a theme this year?
Hey Blue what about 68 Barracuda theme ;) ;)
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

seriously I was fortunate to be asked to show my car 2 years back and it was great experience and nice when people ask you about the cars.

So do it
Attachments
NEC classic car show 2015_1_small.jpg
NEC classic car show 2015_1_small.jpg (145.99 KiB) Viewed 2727 times
Blue

Post by Blue »

cadboy wrote:
Next year will be the 50th anniversary of the 1968 cars and as everyone knows, that's the right year ;)
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Hemimad

Post by Hemimad »

Mines already booked in elsewhere, hopefully it will be back together by then and not spread all about the garage....
"It's all souped up and everything"
morgan

Post by morgan »

'twas good fun. (2010 ! eek ! )
Attachments
motorshow_2010_3.jpg
motorshow_2010_3.jpg (217.4 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Derek

Post by Derek »

Blue wrote:
cadboy wrote:
Next year will be the 50th anniversary of the 1968 cars and as everyone knows, that's the right year ;)
You are so right there mate. ;)
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks for all the replies. Will give this a week or two before compiling a list of those able to help. Dave Long has also offered his Dart.

Blue, the theme this year is 'Family Ties'. We don't really follow the themes though we did a couple of years ago with 'Beauty and the Beast'. As we are struggling to get a broad selection of cars then it might prove difficult (or limiting) to try to stick with it. Only a small portion of the clubs actually go for the theme to be honest.

Cheers Steve :thumbright: